The Solution & Performance Support Engineer will deliver high-quality technical assistance for Juniper, Calix and Cisco products, through telephone and electronic communication. Provide hardware and software technical support, including configuration, upgrades and break-fix troubleshooting of multi-vendor products and other peripheral systems including networking equipment, servers and clients for timely resolution of customer issues. Must possess a strong ability to independently debug broad, complex, and unique systems with mixed media and protocols required.
- Provide technical support to FNC’s customers via telephone, email or other communications means.
- Document and reproduce customer problems in the lab, coordinate fixes proposed by product vendor engineering team and provide accurate resolutions.
- Manage critical customer accounts and escalation requests in a timely manner.
- Serve as point of escalation for the NOC on complex technical issues.
- Support firmware upgrades, testing validation, MOP creation and release management.
- Participate as SME in project meetings and support readiness project work.
- Provide ongoing knowledge transfer and technical training on supported technologies and service offerings.
- Mentor newly hired support engineers and peers in technical areas of specialty.
- Develop Knowledge Articles.
- On-call rotation coverage and occasional travel for onsite support
- Other duties as directed by the management team
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology
- 5+ years of experience supporting enterprise and/or service provider networks
- Extensive knowledge in TCP/IP networking, Ethernet, IP, VLANs, VLAN stacking, xSTP, ERPS, LAG, mc-LAG, Bridging, VRRP, BNG and subscriber management
- Proficient with Cisco IOS and JUNOS for configuration and troubleshooting of routing protocols: MPLS (RSVP & LDP signaling), L3-VPN, L2-VPN, MP-BGP, BGP, OSPF, IS-IS and routing policies
- Experience with NAT, IPSEC, GRE tunnels, Firewall filters and Security policies
- Hands-on experience with Juniper EX, QFX, MX and SRX series products
- Extensive knowledge of Broadband technologies, Active Ethernet, GPON and G. Fast
- Hands-on experience with Calix access and aggregation products (ONTs and OLTs)
- Hands-on experience with Calix Cloud platforms (Consumer Connect and Access Analyze)
- Experience supporting Calix CMS and Junos Space management systems
- Working knowledge of Linux servers and network services (DHCP, SNMP, FTP, TFTP, DNS, NTP)
- Good understanding of VoIP (SIP)
- Packet analysis with Wireshark and TCPdump
- Troubleshooting experience in layers 1-7 of OSI Protocol Stack for various LAN /WAN devices.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
- Knowledge of SDN, NFV, VNF, VIM solutions
- Calix E7 GPON Specialist
- Calix E7 Active Ethernet Specialist
- CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional)
- JNCIP (Juniper Networks Certified Internet Professional)
- Red Hat Linux Certification RHCSA
- OpenStack Certification RHOSA II
- NFV Certifications MEF-NF and MEF-SDN/NFV
- CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert)
- Calix E-Series Professional
- JNCIE (Juniper Networks Certified Internet Expert).