HID Global and ASSA ABLOY has expanded its view of access control to add real time location services, asset tracking and geofencing as access control.
The Solution Manager will be leading the global expansion of this IoT offering. Thus, it will require an individual with a breadth of skills which will enable a global organization to embrace new technology and business models. Solution Manager, Location Services will drive the definition, realization and ongoing evolution of HID PACS access control solutions with a data enabled and insight driven focus.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Define the overall vision, strategy and plan for HID Global’s location service offerings emanating from the HID cloud services platform & Bluvision acquisition
- Act as the voice of the customer (partner and end user) to product management, cloud services and the rest of the organization
- Own the high level solution roadmap and be accountable to its execution
- Collecting, analyzing and reporting on needs and trends based on end user and channel surveys as well competitive and industry analysis to provide input to the solution roadmap
- Educate the rest of the organization on the solution and be the center of competency for market knowledge, sizing and customer profiles
- Strategize and define decision criteria of prospects, channels and end users to position HID’s products and solutions against competition
- Define, implement and evolve pricing strategy for the solution
- Develop solution data suitable for solution promotion through various channels
- Develop and execute the implementation of a successful product and solution launch program with assets ready that define target markets, positioning, competitive analysis and comparison, collaterals, white papers, training, presentations, pricing and promotion
- Analyze and understand the longer term market direction and influence external analysts to adopt/value HID Global’s direction
- Lead key relationships within the physical access control market in order to stay abreast of standards, policies and technology adoption
- Review and report regularly on segment and geographical business performance including revenue, product mix, cost and margin trends and advice the organization on improvement implementations to drive both growth and profitability
- Generate and implement channel strategies with the sales and marketing organization, including pricing and discount strategies
- Extensive experience with Software-as-a-Service models, strong enterprise software experience, and an understanding of information technology
- Strong understanding of Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and IoT
- Experience in asset tracking and location services
- Minimum 8+ years product marketing or management or similar positions
- Strong expertise in the area of physical access control
- Strong experience in the development, sales and marketing of cloud related solutions
- Understanding of access control systems
- You are decisive but open to new ideas
- You are a self-starter, entrepreneurial
- You are a quick learner
- You are comfortable with, and able to manage constructively; change, ambiguity, debate, conflict, and informedrisktaking
Education and/or Experience
- BSDegree or equivalent real lifeexperience
- Excellent English language verbally and in writing
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications,international technical standards, etc.
- Excellent in Microsoft Office
- Familiar CRM tools and analysis such as Salesforce.com