Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
Channels Technology Solutions (CTS) is driven by the vision to create an integrated, seamless, effortless and legendary customer and client experience for TD Bank, TD Canada Trust, TD Insurance, and TD Wealth Management across all channels (Branch, Online, Mobile, Phone and ATM).? The Home Ownership Journey program is transforming the way digitalbanking is done at TD.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
We are looking for someone to lead the creation of a comprehensive end-to-end detailed solution and the delivery of front end applications. You’ll be exposed to stretch assignments as you take on large-scale, complex and/or enterprise-wide projects.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Act as a lead role to manage day to day development and production support activities.
- Provide SME level engagement on any new initiative / intake in order to assess impact and estimate the effort. Give solution options. Bolster stakeholder support.
- Analyze and Design enhancements for in scope systems. Strong technical design and development skills in Java based technologies
- Take part in scope assessment, risk and cost analysis
- Identify and address any issue that affects the integrity of the application (e.g. cross-capability/release issues).
- Develop and document a detailed solution design within SDS, impart your subject matter expertise throughout life cycle.
- Conduct code reviews to address quality, standards compliance, reusability and ease of maintenance, Operational Readiness Reviews, and support gating and review sign-offs for solution design.
- Take business, Enterprise Architecture, system performance and development standards requirements, then develop functional, technical and user interface designs for an application and/or system.
- Consult on System Requirements Specification (SRS) development.
- Hands on development (up to 40%)
- Act as a scrummaster and help the team unblock impediments.
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. This is broad technical role. This candidate is expected to understand the application at a code level, although hands on coding will be limited to 40% of the time. This candidate is also expected to be an interface between the team and technology partners.
It helps if you have:
- Relevant experience as a senior developer, or in teach lead role
- Desire and tenacity to influence and lead various technical resources to reach the common goal
- Been practicing in an agile development team, and understanding of the role of a scrummaster.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.