Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Applications & Systems Development covers technical planning, integration, systems analysis, design, development, unit and component systems testing, support-maintenance, and more. Meaningful, effective relationship-building is part of what these highly-skilled experts do best as they work together with technology project managers, delivery partners, business and systems analysts, testing and quality assurance teams, sponsors and so many other stakeholders to clarify requirements.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
We are looking for someone to lead the creation of a comprehensive end-to-end detailed solution with overall accountability for the technical design and delivery of the System Design Specification (SDS). You’ll be exposed to stretch assignments as you take on large-scale, complex and/or enterprise-wide projects.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Develop and document a detailed solution design within SDS, impart your subject matter expertise throughout life cycle.
- Participate in complex applications and systems development, programming.
- Give solution options. bolster stakeholder support.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on project estimates.
- Produce top-notch functional, technical and user interface designs.
- Take business, Enterprise Architecture, system performance and development standards requirements, then develop functional, technical and user interface designs for an application and/or system.
- Consult on System Requirements Specification (SRS) development.
- Review technical deliverables for quality throughout detailed design and development phase, identify gaps or redesign as needed.
- Define metrics and performance goals with technology partners and peers.
- Respect TD’s technology delivery practices and standards, project management disciplines, business technologyarchitecture, and risk and production capacity – this includes thorough project requirements, documentation, scope estimates, and costs.
- Deliver effective and efficient solutions by meeting milestones and ensuring project deliverables are on time, within budget, and adhere to the corporate quality and security standards.
- Find ways to keep costs low, help come up with strategic solutions to support cost effectiveness and enhance stakeholder experience.
- Conduct code reviews to address quality, standards compliance, reusability and ease of maintenance, Operational Readiness Reviews, and support gating and review sign-offs for solution design.
- Support knowledge management processes and ensure knowledge is codified, monitored, tracked and managed.
- Ensure design leverages existing reusable components, traces back to business requirements, and that new modules are designed with reusability in mind.
- Identify and address any issue that affects the integrity of the application (e.g. cross-capability/release issues).
- Provide technical support to promptly resolve escalated incidents/outages.
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- UndergraduateDegree or Technical Certificate.
- 5-7years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in solution design for BPM (PEGA)-based solutions encompassing internal facing and external facing applications.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of a range of BPM (Pega)-based solution design including use of the Enterprise Class Model, Complex workflow design and Complex Interface/Integration design
- Advanced knowledge of BPM concepts, techniques, tools and delivery approaches
- Advanced knowledge of TD applications, programming languages, industry best practices, business/ organization, Bank standards, infrastructure, architecture and technology in related areas from an architectural design/solutions perspective
- Advanced knowledge of Bank and technology standards (e.g., infrastructure, architecture, processes, applications) and managing people/projects
- Knowledge of external competition, industry and/or market trends in relation to own business
- Works independently and/or autonomously on complex, highly visible technology projects
- Proven experience working in a Global Delivery model
- Primary Subject Matter Expert on the use of BPM (PEGA) Technologies and has in-depth knowledge of more than one TD application and/or line of business
- Consults with clients and/or project teams with respect to all aspects of solution design, including IT governance
- Manages/Directs activities related to analysis and design of solution design on larger projects
- Acts as a key resource in the exchange of solution information for project teams, the business, and/or outside vendors
- Responsible for managing multiple Design teams and/or projects with increasing degree of complexity and broad scope (e.g., multi-function within line of business, tier 1-2 projects)
- Manages system enhancements, new releases or projects typically focused on a specific product/application of moderate scope and complexity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- BPM (PEGA) product expertise and certification to a PEGA Lead Systems Architect level
- Additional certifications relevant to role
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.
Make your mark. Join a dynamic team. Explore new ideas. This is your opportunity to impact the future of bankingtechnology in areas and ways you’ve never imagined (at a bank)! Visit techjobs.td.com to learn more.