As a Solutions Executive at Insight, your primary duties will be to establish Insight as a full portfolio solution provider and to ensure our client needs are accurately identified and in alignment with Insight’s offerings and Go-to-Market (GTM) solution strategies. You’ll be responsible for building influential relationships with client IT and business leadership to drive solution sales around hardware, software and services within an assigned book of business. With a best in class delivery team (e.g., Sales Engineers, Practice Subject Matter Experts and vendor partners), you’ll be equipped to sell these cutting-edge solutions into new accounts while also maintaining existing accounts.
In addition, your focus in this role will be on achieving sales and profit goals through account planning, vendor partner teaming (internal & external), on-site client interface/visits, engagement/solution development and implementation support/follow-up.
What you’ll do at Insight:
- Identify, develop and close solution sales opportunities
- Increase revenue by expanding your Client’s existing purchasing spend into new solutions categories and uncover recurring revenue opportunities, meeting client short-term and long-term technology goals
- Maintain the highest level of industry business acumen to facilitate client executive level discussions
- Forecast and develop business reporting along with on-going sales pipeline management reporting and updating (dates, revenue, GP, description/LOB context, probability status, etc.)
- Research the Total Addressable Market (TAM) of Insight’s clients and develop a strategy that positions Insight to capture a significant percentage of the IT spend across solution areas
- Develop and maintain a healthy and valid solutions pipeline that includes initiatives related Insight’s offerings at each assigned client
What you’ll need to join Insight:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Computer Science, MBA or Master’s Degree preferred.
- Seven plus years of technical sales experience with a documented successful track record in selling high end technical solutions across multiple platforms and a proven track record of consistently exceeding corporate objectives and sales quotas.
- Experience in acquiring net new business and expanding existing account relationship.
- Professional training and certifications in sales and partner management, complex sales training, sales methodologies, effective marketing tactics, negotiation, and financial analysis needed.
- Extensive channel management and solution sales experience required.
- Must have excellent communications, customer service and interpersonal skills; including the ability to present oneself to customer CXO leadership as a “Thought Leader” demonstrated by your understanding and ability to speak to next generation technologies.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and other teammates.