The Solutions Engineering Manager provides leadership and development to a team of highly skilled solution engineers who support our customers by architecting value-add solutions that solve problems and accelerate business performance through leveraging our comprehensive portfolio of services and product offerings.
Responsible for various activities including: individual coaching and development, industry and technical thought leadership, customer sponsorship and oversight of all aspects of solution development including: opportunity qualification, requirement definition, solution design, scope creation, quality, risk management, quoting and customer presentation.
- Responsible for managing solution engineering and development for a Unified Communication Practice.
- Evaluates and recommends new products and services; provides technical input for Requests for Proposals (RFP's); reviews proposals, quotes and other documents for engineering accuracy and feasibility.
- Develops engineering standards and processes ensuring: high quality systems design, statements of work development, thoughtful deployment methodology and accurate quotations to achieve customer satisfaction while meeting business objectives.
- Regularly meet with customers to: inject thought leadership, cultivate opportunities, provide transformation consultation, requirement gathering and solution presentation.
- Work in business partnership with the sales team to execute account strategies and advance opportunities to closure.
- Responsible for resource deployment and leveling
- Fosters a learning culture to develop the team competencies in required growth areas; both technical and industry
- Builds strong relationships with customers, partners and vendors
- Facilitates risk management for our largest opportunities
- Creates and supports internal tooling and processes to ensure we deliver the most efficient and effective solutions engineering service.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of relevant solutions, services, software and configuration tools
- Strong leadership skills and flexibility to manage a diverse technical work team
- Excellent presentation, organization and communication skills
- Good business acumen including knowledge of financial principles
- Ability to interface with all levels of an organization; excellent collaboration and customer service skills
- Advance cost modeling experience
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced environment
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or a related scientific/technical discipline
- 5-9 years relevant work experience
- Industry certifications in Low-Voltage Infrastructure, Data Networking, WLAN, Cyber Security, Unified Communications, Cloud, Virtualization, Software Defined Networking, Mobility, Customer Engagement Solutions and/or Project Management are highly desired.