Two powerhouse companies, Peak 10 and ViaWest, have combined to become one of the country’s largest Hybrid IT providers specializing in colocation, interconnection, cloud, managed solutions and professional services. Each company has built a reputation for delivering legendary service and support to our customers.
To fuel this growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Solutions Engineer in the Chaska, MN area.
We work hard and know how to have fun! If you are ready to work in a cultivating environment where you can make a difference in the world of technology, then this is the place for you!
The Solutions Engineer (SE) will be responsible for providing pre-sales technical expertise to the sales and account management teams through direct interaction with customers and prospects on calls and in-person meetings. The successful candidate will be well versed in complex web, application, database, virtualization, internet, networking, and storage technologies, as well as the ability to design appropriate cloud and dedicated architectures that meet clients’ application, performance, and availability needs within budgetary constraints.
- Attend qualified sales calls and meetings (some travel will be required from time to time) to perform technical discovery and architect solutions that are valid in addition to suggesting changes that improve functionality and performance in a highly consultative manner.
- Support the sales teams by providing technical drawings and solution designs along with narratives that support the business impact of our recommendations.
- Understand the impact of customer web site/application performance provided by different architecture designs
- Assist in solution presentations to customers
- Assist in RFP preparation
- Assist in developing third party vendor and partner relationships through technical collaboration
- Bachelors Degreepreferred
- Must be technical, team oriented, and have a documented path of success and contribution to a growing business in the consulting or managed IT services field
- Must have the ability to grasp complex technical issues and clearly and simply translate them into non-technical solutions that address and solve the underlying business need
- Solid understanding of Colocation Space and Power requirements and solutions
- Solid understanding of multi-tier highly-available web applications and architecture methodologies, with the ability to match the correct infrastructure to a given application and make recommendations towards application architecture changes when appropriate
- Must be detail oriented, organized, driven, and have excellent communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows and Linux
- Strong working knowledge of cloud platforms and hypervisor technologies (ie. VMware, AWS, Hyper-V, Azure)
- Strong working knowledge of x86 enterprise server hardware
- Working knowledge of MySQL, MS-SQL, and Oracle database environments, including familiarity with typical high-availability deployments.
- Working knowledge and ability to design storage solutions to meet both performance and size requirements.
- Working knowledge of Firewalls, Load Balancers, Switches
- Working knowledge of security best practices
- Understanding of DR best practices, with the ability to connect specific technical solutions to business impact in a failover scenario.
- High-energy individual with a positive attitude, good teamwork skills and exceptional customer presentation experience.
- Credible – customers and prospects feel the SE truly understands their needs and is able to understand their questions and offer plausible solutions.
- Self-directed, self-motivated and accomplishment-oriented – possesses the drive and determination to succeed.
- Persistent but pragmatic: willing to be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Ability to think on their feet – can address the challenges presented during sales conversation.