Solutions Engineer / Technical Presales Engineer - Ethernet
We're looking for a Solutions Engineer / Technical Presales Engineer responsible for creating and benchmarking technical solutions using Mellanox and partner products to help grow Mellanox sales for data center & enterprise customers. You will work closely with our Sales teams and Engineering teams. You'll be the key hands-on engineer for the Mellanox technical sales lab and drive activity by creating solutions with partners, performing competitive analysis and benchmarking which will feed technical data to the sales team and to marketing. In this role, you’ll be responsible for coordinating with multiple parties -- internal departments as well as the customer -- to ensure a timely solution and test execution to transfer the right knowledge to both the sales team and Mellanox customers.
In addition, you will also:
- Work closely with development teams for creating and testing solutions and benchmarking protocols, systems and running performance tests.
- Generate technical content and results which can be fed into various teams (sales, marketing and community posts).
- Write technical posts, white papers and case studies about cutting edge solutions and tests you will do in lab.
- Run POCs for various customer deployment scenarios.
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline (or the equivalent in training and experience)
- 5+ years’ experience in solutions testing, performance testing, benchmarking while working in pre-sales/system test activities or in technical marking activities, or maintaining mission critical networking solutions in complex environments
- Hands-on experience in Ethernet switching technology,L2/3 protocols, routing and switching and test equipment such as IXIA
- Hands-on experience on servers – various hypervisors, iperf, setting up containers or Openstack environments.
- In-depth technical knowledge, network architecture, Software defined networking (SDN), Openstack, Containers, networking automation using Python and Ansible/Chef/Puppet etc, REST/JSON API based configurations, NETCONF/Open config and network telemetry.
- Open source ecosystem for various tools and technologies for network automation, fabric orchestration, traffic generation, fabric monitoring and tools for network data analytics.
- Hands-on experience on networking protocols – BGP, PIM, OSPF, MLAG, VXLAN, EVPN, PFC/ECN, Segment routing/MPLS, Storage protocols.
- Understanding of networking ASIC market/ecosystem for 25GbE to 100GbE systems, along with high level path of a packet in an ASIC.
- Understanding of customer needs for various verticals – Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence, High frequency trading, Private/Public/Hybrid Cloud, Enterprise deployments etc.
- Experience driving Proof-of-Concept systems in lab environment and coming up with solutions along with benchmarked performance numbers.
- Provide feedback to product management, sales, marketing and engineering on the technical results found in lab.