This position is responsible for designing supply chain solutions, with process flows, equipment, labor and infrastructure that support operational execution. Candidate should be familiar with developing solutions from RFP data in conjunction with observation and interaction with operations groups. Experience with customer interfacing is necessary for business case implementation and service needs. The successful candidate will be highly organized with solid time management and strong analytical problem solving skills. Understanding and evaluating conclusions of analyses and metrics is required, facilitated by drill-down and ROI analysis. The ability to meet tight deadlines and commitments is essential.
The Solutions Engineers will analyze, develop, and lead in the development of logistics solutions initiatives. Responsibilities include supply chain analysis (e.g. what-if scenario modeling, metrics production/development, and process documentation), with the ability to provide concise project updates and detailed plans for meeting savings goals being imperative. Business case development through common processes, Lean tools and investigative analysis along with presentation of documented, quantitative results are the pinnacles for success.
Our environment is fast paced and innovative, requiring the successful candidate to be comfortable re-prioritizing workload to support urgent requests. Experience with warehousing, transportation and network design, manufacturing principles, inventory control, safety, quality control, common freight modes including premium and other related supply chain service requirements preferred. Solid written and verbal skills are essential. This individual must be a team player and work well in a diverse group to accomplish complex tasks. A high degree of intellectual flexibility is required, along with the ability to manage multiple simultaneous solutions.
Additionally this role will be responsible to:
- As a key member of the team, support development to implement a robust engineering solutions team for North America Tech.
- Design supply chain solutions from large scale (Center of Gravity analysis) down to detailed scale (design of processes and lines / stations).
- Work closely with syncreon Business Development/Account Management, Launch and Operational teams to develop and implement solutions to meet the requirements of the business.
- Facilitate the application of lean principles. Applylean tools, including standardized work, 5S visual factory, total productive maintenance, pull systems, value stream mapping and related methodologies.
- Manage the engineering functions for assigned projects and activities, including engineering budget, processes, equipment, work standards and facilities.
- Assist with ongoing development and enhancement of standardized engineering tools and methods.
- Make informed recommendations and decisions related to the purchase or lease of capital equipment, including forklifts, tooling, power and data installations, powered conveyor, compressed air systems, racking, and other items pertaining to specific projects.
- Develop solution concept of operations for use in formal customer proposals including, but not limited to, process flow diagrams, KPIs and facility layouts in complex cases with support of the engineering team.
- Challenge suggested technical solutions and obtain approval to ensure that new technologies are operationally understood prior to submission.
- Prepare and initiate the pricing process by involving the vertical pricing manager early stages to align on financial implications, allow ROI analysis as well as customer specific pricing models to ensure profitability.
- Obtain quotes, perform cost analysis and manage contractors working on various installation and facility construction.
- Interacts with all levels and various disciplines within the project team to achieve defined objectives.
- Accountability for on time completion of projects, meeting project performance budgets.
- Ability to travel.
- Support Sales organization in presenting the solution to the customer through proposals, conference calls and presentations.
- Structured transition of solution knowledge to PMO and support remotely during implementation of new business.
- Participate in interviews and evaluation of new engineering recruits, as required, and take on responsibility of ongoing training and support of these plant and corporate resources.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to engineering team members.
- Successful implementation of lean principles and new plant launches.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Master Degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, or Operations Research or related fields with very strong background in engineering redesign and cost savings initiatives. APICS, CPIM certification also preferred
- Engineering leadership capability
- Ability to be flexible, effective, and productive in a fast-paced consulting environment with strong communication skills and ability to work with customers
- Five or more years experience in one or more of these key areas: supply chain management; industrial engineering, facility layout and design, project management, finished vehicle design and management, automotive experiencepreferred
- Availability to travel ( up to 30%)
- Highly developed computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, Visio or equivalent, and Project Management software are required. Knowledge of Excel should include pivot tables and familiarity with common formulas. The candidate must be proficient in Access, with thorough knowledge of relational database creation, queries, forms, reports, macros, and functions.
- Strong ability in CAD software, both 2D and 3D
- Ability to quickly learn, master and implement new tools, techniques and philosophies
- Strong knowledge and skills in network design software, e.g. CAST, Supply Chain Guru or equivalent
- Ability to conceptualize existing operations from provided datasets and determine opportunities for improvements.
- High level of mathematical proficiency and and ability to work quickly at a fine level of detail.