Are you passionate about groundbreaking technology and helping your customers and peers succeed? If you answered yes to these questions then we have a home for you at Splunk!
Splunk is seeking a highly motivated, inherently curious, results oriented individual to join our dynamic pre-sales team. You will partner closely with Splunk's direct Sales Team on all aspects of opportunity development and technical selling across Splunk's entire product and solution portfolio within the region. You will be the primary technical advisor for your customers, and their technical advocate within Splunk.
- Ability to demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs is also important.
- Self-motivated with a consistent track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
- Strong ability to collaborate and dynamic presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly to emails and RFPs when submitting reports.
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and will be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- Comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a fast growing customer base.
- IMPORTANT: We can teach you the technology, coach you on soft skills and educate you on processes. You should have a strong sense of self-motivation, an insatiable curiosity about what "is possible" with technology, the desire to work with an awesome team and a positive,fun-loving attitude.
- 5+ years related experience in selling and supporting software products to IT organizations.
- Knowledge of virtualization (VMware/Citrix/Hyper-V).
- Network Administration/Architecture/Management Knowledge.
- Unix/Windows – Administration Experience.
- Domain expertise with IT operations, security or compliance.
- Familiar with Computer Programming - C/C++, Shell, Perl, Python Programming.
- Knowledge of "Big data" technologies (Map-Reduce, Hadoop, HBase, Cloudera, Cassandra) a plus.
- Comfortable approaching total strangers and quickly extracting technical know-how from them.
- Should be available to travel to visit prospects and customers in the central region.
- Desire to learn, grow and be a part of our team
- You live in Portland or Seattle
Bachelor's of Science degree or substantial relevant on the job experience. We'll break the rules if you're awesome. Liberal Arts majors/minors are great to see. We love individuals with a broad range of interests; art, science, research, writing, music, whatever you're into.