The Solutions Engineer (SE) is the technical lead for both pre and post sales implementation of Ricoh's solutions portfolio. The SE is an expert level position which requires deep expertise in integrated solutions including hardware, enablement & standalone software and services. The SE will be required to have expertise in a variety of software solution technologies including varying degrees of industry certifications. The SE is a key member to the account team and is expected to be the customers' trusted advisor throughout the customer life cycle. The SE will be engaged early in a sales cycle to assess the customer's workflow goals, demonstrate solutions, assist in creating a return on investment, provide basic project management of implementations and train the customer. The primary focus of this role is to architect integrated hardware and software solutions that improves a customer's workflow, reduces cost and drives 100% customer satisfaction during solution implementation. The SE is also a crucial part of the account team to achieve professional services and software revenue quota.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achievement of assigned professional services and software revenue targets
- Support Ricoh Sales in the achievement of equipment unit and revenue targets
- Achievement of assigned non-financial KPI's including pre-sales calls, advanced software demos, and post sale customer satisfaction follow up meetings. The SE KPI utilization mix is 60% pre-sales and 40% post sales implementation.
- Achieves subject matter expert status on the Ricoh defined Enablement and Standalone Software Portfolio
- Responsible for the development and management of customer Statement of Work through customer acceptance
- Early involvement in the sales process with assigned Sales Reps to evaluate prospective customer needs and to assist with account sales strategy development
- Assists in the proposal and closing of the sale of complex solutions that impact the customer's workflow
- Drives post-sales implementation follow-up independent of Sales with goal of ensuring 100% customer satisfaction and uncovering additional workflow and application opportunities. Goal being to drive additional services revenue and print volume through new applications.
- Applies a consultative approach to analyze and document customer requirements via the Needs Analysis Document. Architects integrated hardware and software solutions that meet customer business goals and technical requirements.
- Project Manages solutions implementation projects and coordinates with Ricoh, customer, and third-party resources. Ensures seamless transition from installation to post-install field service support.
- Responsible to secure customer acceptance of the solution implementation plan
- Responsible for ongoing personal sales, technical, and business skill development through the attainment of appropriate certifications and attendance at training
- Maintains knowledge of industry and competitive developments as applicable to local markets and position responsibilities.
- Continued Education on a broad array of solutions enablers and goal to become a subject matter expert in data streams, workflow, finishing, VDP, Web2Print, etc.
- Note: Post implementation resolution support for equipment and solutions is not provided by the SE organization. Post implementation support is provided by the Ricoh Technology Services organization via Ricoh Printing Solution Center (PPSC).
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Bachelors degree in computer science / information technology or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4 years experience in printing pre-sales and post-sales services and solutions implementation in environments and/or industry related experience
- Strong face to face customer selling, negotiation, and relationship skills.
- Supports unit sales plan through pre-sales and/or post-sales technical consulting activities presenting solutions of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors leading to solution ROI, proof-of-concept, Statement of Work, solution implementation, and project management throughout the customer life-cycle.
- Must meet requirements of Ricoh's 5 Floor Certification training and development program for SE job type
- Must have Fiery Professional Certification or equivalent field experience
- Must have CMP Certification through IDEAlliance within first 6 months of employment
- G7 Certification preferred
- Must complete assigned Project Management Courses from Ricoh Learning Institute within first year of employment
Req Number 19-02479