The Solutions Engineer (SE) is responsible for pre-sale technical support of Masergy's portfolio of Network, Security, and UCaaS services. The SE also maintains ongoing life-cycle support for evolving/emerging technologies and client consultancy.
- The Solutions Engineer is responsible for pre-sales technical support of Masergy's portfolio of services.
- Client presentations and proposals.
- WAN-LAN integration, architectural design and validation
- Function design and product selection.
- Client data gathering, documentation and technical service order entry
- Joint participation in client implementation planning and related activities to ensure seamless integration or turn-up of Masergy services for both new and existing customers.
- Mentoring and teamwork with new and associate SE's.
- 25-50% travel
- Available for partner training, Webinars, Events
- 10+ years Enterprise IT/Networking experience (Buy/Sell)
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written
- Active listening and interpersonal skills
- Conflict Management and Resolution
- Strong teamwork and inter-departmental awareness
- Thought leadership in decision making process
Technical knowledge required will include:
- Layer 2 (VPLS) and Layer 3 (MPLS) IPVPN
- Managed Services (Network/Security)
- Virtual Network Solutions
- SDN-NFV, SD-WAN, Hybrid WAN
- QoS Concepts and convergence, application priority
- WAN Optimization
- Dynamic routing protocols, load balancing and failover techniques
- Disaster Recovery, Fault Tolerance, Business Continuity planning
- WAN design and architecture – Router, firewalls and switches
- Network security
- Last mile technologies (TDM, Ethernet, Fiber, Broadband)
- Project Management/Process Improvement.