Solutions Engineer - St. Louis
Sales Engineering St. Louis, Missouri
MapR Technologies, a provider of the industry’s leading data platform for AI and Analytics, enables enterprises to inject analytics into their business processes to increase revenue, reduce costs, and mitigaterisks. MapR addresses the data complexities of high-scale and mission-critical distributed processing from the cloud to the edge, IoT analytics, and container persistence. Global 2000 enterprises trust the MapR Data Platform to help them solve their most complex AI and analytics challenges.
MapR Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.
We’re looking for team players with a commitment to excellence. If you are interested in a fast-paced, highpower environment and have a proven track record of exceeding expectations, delighting customers, or overcoming difficult problems, we encourage you to contact us. We are expanding our high-quality team across all departments and would love to hear from you.
Solution Engineers are the solutions & technical backbone of the Sales organization, articulating our value proposition to customers and collaborating with our partner to show off our differentiation with solution demonstrations and proofs of concept as and when required. As a Solution Engineer, you will be at the forefront of innovative data solution engagements. As data is at the heart of every business, Solution Engineers are in a unique position to understand our customers' aspirations and have a unique opportunity for developing thought-provoking solutions on the leading MapR Data Platform.
Solution Engineer is responsible for:
* Act as the primary technical “go-to” resource for the sales cycle associated with a given region
* Leading solution development & decisions in customer/prospect engagements
* Facilitate validation of the MapR Converged Data Platform and legacy customer applications and data withthe platform via product demonstration, RFP response, Proofs of Concept, performance benchmarking, application integration and other related technical activities;
* Exploring the possibilities of MapR solutions to identify new target opportunities
* Helping customers with developing roadmaps to realize the value from MapR based solutions
* Understanding competitive landscape and how to best differentiate
* Facilitate completion of Lessons Learned exercises as each prospect engagement is completed
* Actively identify trends and actively explore the possibilities of positioning MapR
* Working with Regional & Area Sales Managers in developing the potential of the region
The Solutions Engineer is a member of the MapR Technologies sales team and participates in the sales cycle by working with prospects and customers to clearly articulate our value proposition and successfully validate proposed workloads on MapR’s Converged Data Platform. Along with significant (5+ years) experience in a technical pre-sales or customer-facing solution architect role, an understanding of the Enterprise sales cycle and its corresponding technical requirements are required to be effective in this position.
The candidate must be highly organized, proactive, a ‘self-starter’ and adaptable to the dynamic market of an organization on a rapid growth path. The candidate should believe in leading by example and have a strong ability to inspire and motivate the immediate and extended team. The successful candidate will be intellectually curious, a fast learner, and a great listener. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
Data Platform is all about working with all data, so experience with database, data warehousing, business intelligence (BI) and ETL systems is strongly desired. In an environment where data is a critical part of any disruptive architecture, an experience of Cloud & Container-based architecture would be desirable. An understanding of distributed systems technology based on Linux platforms is desirable. Significant travelwithin the region will be required, as well as visits to MapR Technologies headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area. Superior communication and relationship-development skills are a must.
* Meet or exceed revenue targets for a given territory.
Education and Experience:
* 5+ years of Sales Engineering or customer-facing Solutions Architect experience, with a proven ability toestablish technical leadership with a demanding prospect and customer base, is required
* Hands-on experience deploying Linux-based solutions is required
* Experience designing and deploying enterprise-scale database, data warehousing or business intelligence solutions is highly desirable
* Knowledge of storage and I/O performance optimization fundamentals is desirable
* Experience of architecting cloud & container-based solutions is desirable
* Rudimentary knowledge of the Java programming language is a plus
* Intellectual curiosity and an ability to learn quickly is a must
* BA/BS in a technical discipline is desirable but not necessary
* Presenting to Line-of-Business and Technical audiences