What You'll Do:
The Solutions Engineer is responsible for the successful delivery of LogicMonitor Professional Services (PS) technical solutions for new and existing customers. The Solutions Engineer works as a member of the PS team, interfacing directly with LogicMonitor customers while working closely with internal Customer Success Management, Tech Support and Training teams. Duties vary from crafting advanced configurations of LogicMonitor, leading discovery, design & deployment working sessions with customers and relaying product features and improvements to Product/Development teams. Considered a Subject Matter Expert on all things LogicMonitor, the Solutions Engineer strives to help customers adopt best practices and optimal configurations that align with business goals and supplements a comprehensive IT monitoring strategy.
Here's a Closer Look at this Key Role:
- Lead small, medium and large comprehensive implementations to LogicMonitor customers.
- Deliver implementations or custom-scoped technical solutions to LogicMonitor customers with excellence.
- Join the PS Project Manager and Customer Success Manager in kicking off PS engagements through delivery & handoff to CS.
- Facilitate remote and onsite working sessions with customers to drive successful LogicMonitor adoption - through discovery, design, and deployment of the monitoring solution.
- Optimize LogicMonitor configuration through advocating best practices to customers.
- Leverage the REST API and scripting to automate routine, bulk tasks.
- Identify gaps, feature requests or issues with LogicMonitor and relay or escalate to Product and Development teams.
- Develop customer-specific, scripted solutions using LogicMonitor product features (Websites, LogicModules, NetScans) and externally using the REST API.
- Learn, share and advocate technical lessons learned and best practices among peers.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for LogicMonitor to peers and customers.
- Occasionally assist Monitoring Engineering with LogicModule development.
- Leverage internal resources and teams to keep abreast of new product features, changes and enhancements.
- Occasionally assist Sales or Customer Success Management to help close a deal or retain a customer.
What You'll Need:
- 2+ years experience in IT operations: systems administration, network engineering, DevOps, etc
- 2+ years experience working as an IT professional or software engineer
- 1+ years experience scripting/programming experience in or more language(s): Python, PowerShell, or Java/Groovy
- Subject matter expertise in one or more IT operations domain(s): Windows/Linux server, networking, security, storage, virtualization or cloud (AWS / Azure / GCP)
- Familiarity with HTTP, JSON, RegEx, REST APIs
- ServiceNow certification or CMDB experience preferred.