As part of the Technical Solutions Delivery team under Central Services, this role will be responsible for driving the technical solutions delivery, automation, and metrics reporting of enterprise level applications and partnering with property IT resources to implement strategic technologies across Sands. There will be strong focus in the areas of Identity Access Management, Microsoft O365, Business Intelligence, data classification, archiving & retention, etc.
Responsibilities of this position include implementing solution design documents provided by the Enterprise Architecture group, understanding detailed technical requirements and reference architectures, complex data analysis and research, providing installation and support documents, test scripts, and reporting solutions as needed, across the globe.
The Solutions Engineer will also work closely with business users, vendors, and a wide scope of IT personnel to bring about timely resolution to all questions or needs related to business application provisioning, reporting, and audit concerns.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and Las Vegas Sands Corp.’s policies, practices, and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with property IT and 3rd party resources on solutions deployment, consult on implementation, and oversee program design and implementation of enterprise level Office 365, Single Sign-On, ADFS, SailPoint, TIBCO SpotFire, SCCM/Ivanti, and Horizon VDI, to name a few.
- Collaborate with enterprise architects, application developers, consultants and vendors to analyze business requirements, business specific scenarios, best practices, and then document and define processes that meet the business needs of the enterprise and are aligned and consistent with enterprise IT strategies and plans.
- Coordinate service/support needs with vendors, application support teams, and global internal teams through effective partnership, collaboration and communication.
- Join forces with the broader IT security, risk and compliance organization to interpret policies and standards, ensuring policies and standards are properly followed by new and existing solutions. Maintain and define configuration as well as reporting standards.
- Lead automation efforts and provide visibility/accountability on adherence to established standards and KPI’s via metrics reporting.
- Collaborate with other enterprise infrastructure teams to define standards and policies relevant to best practice, compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Proactively identify gaps, risks and issues and escalate to management accordingly.
- Work with business IT owners to gather information needed for business application integration with solutions.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
Company Standards of Conduct
All Las Vegas Sands Corp. Team Members are expected to conduct and carry themselves in a professional manner at all times. Team Members are required to observe the Company’s standards, work requirements and rules of conduct. Team Members are expected to behave in a manner that supports a harmonious work environment to help us deliver unmatched service to our guests and customers.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- 21 years of age.
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience
- Proof of authorization to work in the United States
- Las Vegas Sands Corp. is an E-Verify employer
- Additional information regarding E-Verify can be found at
- Education Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- Advanced degree in technology, engineering or human facts a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical peers and business stakeholders, as well as executive level management.
- Ability to communicate clearly in a multicultural, multinational environment and in cross-functional matrixed teams
- Exceptional verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills and an ability to engage audiences
- Ability to represent information in graphical forms that augment textual representations in natural language, including using modeling languages, developing process flows, creating data and topology diagrams, etc.
Business Acumen and Analytical Skills
- Understanding of business processes and basic corporate finance, management and accounting principles
- Deep understanding of hospitality and gaming business processes and industry constraints (e.g., compliance)
- Demonstrates strategic thinking in a highly complex environment
- Ability to functionally decompose verbose business plans and translate into technical requirements
- Strong problem solving ability
- Ability to analyze qualitative data
Must be able to:
- Lift or carry 20 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of specific tasks, as assigned.
- Physically access all areas of the property and drive areas with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Maintain composure under pressure and consistently meet deadlines with internal and external customers and contacts.
- Ability to interact appropriately and effectively with guests, management, other team members, and outside contacts.
- Ability for prolonged periods of time to walk, stand, stretch, bend and kneel.
- Work in a fast-paced and busy environment.
- Work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to, CRT, noise, dust, and cigarette smoke.