IDEMIA is the global leader in identity and security. Our mission is to create a safe and simple future where identity verification is indisputable, and only you can assert your identity. We leverage the latest technologies to deliver world-class products in the private and public sectors of finance, telecom, identity, security, retail, sports entertainment, commercial, government, and IoT. Our solutions impact the everyday lives of citizens and nations. In this ever-changing world, protecting your identity is paramount. Join the team that is ensuring one person- one identity.
IDEMIA USA seeks a Solutions Engineer who can roll up their sleeves and help us drive growth in our Public Security business. The Solutions Engineer drives growth by building out technical demonstrations of our industry leading biometric solutions, delivering technical demonstrations to our customers and providing technical leadership for our written technical quote and proposal responses.
The Solutions Engineer works with our sales staff, business development team, marketing group, and clients to shape, architect, design and deliver IDEMIA's products and solutions that meet our client's business modernization, customer service and efficiency objectives. The Solutions Engineer is a creative role, working at the nexus of understanding customer's needs and integrating IDEMIA products to meet their needs. It is a high profile role with opportunities to influence product direction and collaborate with multiple US and overseas divisions.
The Solutions Engineer supports capture teams and sales executives throughout the entire business development lifecycle with a view to winning new business pursuits. Successful candidates will have a proven record of delivering Enterprise technology strategies, designs, and full lifecycle implementations in support of complex mission critical business solutions. The Solutions Engineer will actively participate in sales pursuits and should thoroughly understand the customers' environments in their focus areas.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for IDEMIA's technical solutions related to presales and business development activities.
- Understands the requirements by meeting with customers and presenting technical information/solutions to customers.
- Provides hand on technical leadership to configure hardware and software to support sales or compliance demonstration needs
- Provides hands on keyboard demonstration or technical sales presentation leadership of IDEMIA products/solutions to customers in sales calls or in marketing events
- Reads Request for Quote/Request for Proposal solicitation documents to derive key solution functional and non-functional requirements
- Identifies optimal IDEMIA products and solutions to meet/exceed procurement requirements
- Creates written and graphical content by authoring new or reusing existing content to incorporate in a solicitation response
- Strategizes how to win procurements by positioning IDEMIA products and solutions in a differentiated perspective
- Leads the technical estimation of materials, equipment and labor
- Collaborates with product management to identify new or evolutions in requirements for product roadmaps
- Designs and prices cloud hosting solutions
- Maintains knowledge of current product capabilities from IDEMIA
- Setting up and testing demos systems for the internal demo room, customer demos and trade shows. Demos are implemented on server class hardware, high-end workstations, desktop PCs and laptops using various peripherals for biometric capture. The candidate performs basic troubleshooting to ensure that the demo is working and aligns to a desired script. Ships demo equipment to demo locations as required.
- Hands on technical experience in installing and configuring hardware and enterprise software to support production or sales needs
- Experience in building and delivering demonstrations to support sales needs
- Experience in leading technical pre-sales activities in developing quotes and proposals for enterprise applications, analytics or middleware solutions
- Baseline working knowledge of all phases of the product/system development life cycle
- Able to translate customer/contractual requirements into engineering specifications
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; must be able to multi-task and prioritize work, even when faced with conflicting demands
- Excellent oral presentation and verbal communication skills; must be comfortable leading whiteboard sessions to draw out technology solutions
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills; must be able to establish lasting relationships with customers
- Familiar with the following operating environments Azure, AWS, VMware vSphere, VMware Workstations, Linux, Kubernetes, Windows Workstation, Windows Server, iOS and Android.
- Frequent travel as needed to support contracts, project teams, and customer presentations
- An entrepreneurial spirit, a love for winning and desire to solve customer problems
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer science or related technical discipline or equivalent levels of work experience (e.g., two years' experience replaces one year of college level coursework)
- From one to three years' prior experience in system development; analyzing & defining technical solutions including business processes, technical requirement, architecture, design and network/interface
- Practical experience with integrating solutions and enterprise technologies including applications development platforms