The Solutions Engineer provides technical support through the entire life cycle of a product or solution sale. S/he will support the technical selling process, development, testing, and implementation of a solution. The emphasis will be on the technical application with some responsibility in learning new manufacturing processes and directly supporting the sales process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Technical sales:
- Identify and/or understand manufacturing challenges in key markets/verticals where a Hexagon solution can offer unique value.
- Assist regional sales team and other IS team members by developing solutions to customer needs.
- Champion and support the adoption of new solutions within all departments in Hexagon.
- Clearly communicate to internal and external customers the value proposition and benefits of Hexagon’s products for complex manufacturing applications, and for Hexagon as a strategic partner.
- Provide product demonstrations when possible of our hardware and software solutions.
- Prepare detailed technical specifications and scopes of work for quotations
- Project management and exectution:
- Provide project support in conjunction with other Hexagon departments with little to no guidance to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Support the Applications organization as necessary to complete metrology analysis and system final metrology testing and programming
- Travel up to 70%, primarily domestic
Qualifications and Skills
- B.S. in Engineering or business-related technical discipline, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 5 + years of experience in metrology, manufacturing engineering, quality engineering or similar environment
- Proficiency in software programming, with an emphasis on PC-DMIS, QUINDOS, Spatial Analyzer, CoreView, Robotic simulation packages (EZ Robotics), and 3D modeling packages (Solidworks).
- Solid knowledge of 3D CAD
- High-level knowledge of GD&T
- High-level knowledge of GR&R methods and Statistical Process Control
- Experience effectively communicating complex solutions to customers
- Proficiency with MS office programs and Microsoft Visual Studio
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be highly self-sufficient with strong internal motivation for achieving team goals
- Manufacturing process experience a plus