Job ID: 2613
Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.4 billion in revenue with more than 2,000 employees. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite's philanthropy is unparalleled with over $6 million in donations last year to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer's Association to name a few,
We have been rated a "Fastest Growing Companies" by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
The Sales Engineer is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process and working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. The Sales Engineer is to evaluate business processes in order to prepare, present, and promote the sale of business solutions, while ensuring overall sales process quality for proper implementation and profitability of Voice and Data
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the sales team in preparing quotes for customers
- Assist in strategizing and closing sales.
- Conduct site surveys for new installations prior to contract signing.
- Provide pre-sales design and application support for all of Voice and Data core products, as well as peripheral and Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) applications.
- Provide post sales technical support to the sales organization
- Develop sales tools and training materials for presentation to the Sales Team, keeping informed on the latest developments in core products, peripherals, and CTI applications.
- Provide network drawings involving Call Flow diagrams, IP applications and CTI applications.
- Provide product demonstrations and white board presentations for prospective customers, as well as customer install base.
- Provide setup, maintenance, and oversight of demo rooms.
- Compile and provide competitive information.
- Provide project management technical oversight on major projects
- Respond to RFP (Request for Proposals)
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations to technical and executive audiences.
- Limited travel required
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, marketing, telecommunications or related field.
- Five years of sales and network engineering experience in a telecommunications provider or telecom vendor environment, of which at least three years involved supporting network architecture in a pre or post-sales engineering capacity
- Experience must have resulted in demonstrable expertise with current and emerging telecommunications technologies and associated protocols, to include Layer2 or Layer3 services, VoIP, MPLS, SIP Trunking, Metro Ethernet, VPNs, Frame Relay, DSL, IP, IP Telephony, CoS, QoS technologies, and the OSI model.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with software essential to the job, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Candidate must be proficient in Visio design software and PowerPoint presentations
- Preferred Qualifications:
- CCNA, CCDA
- Adtran certifications
- MEF certification