The Sales Support Engineer plays an important role by building and maintaining demonstration tools and materials that our Solutions Consultants use to present our products to prospective customers. In addition, as a technical subject matter expert, you will develop documentation and training materials to help our Solution Consultants to best communicate Tracelink value proposition as part of their demonstrations. This is a highly visible position and you will routinely interact with Solution Consultants, Professional Services, Engineering, Product Management, Sales and Marketing. The ideal candidate will be able a self-starter who can identify needs and translate them into useful solutions for the team.
- Create and maintain tools and materials to support demonstrations and other sales related activities
- Specify and maintain demonstration hardware and off-the-shelf software needed by the SC team.
- Train Solution Consultants and others on use of tools and materials for presenting the demonstrations
- Provide technical expertise to the SC team on Tracelink products and general technology such as networks, interfaces, data formats, and industry standards
- Work with Support, Services, and Engineering to resolve product issues that impact SC or partner demonstrations
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering to ensure demonstrations incorporate the latest product features
- Work with strategic partners to create sandbox environments and assist them with their integration efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent software development experience.
- 1-3 years of working experience in a technical role.
- Experience with Web and desktop UI development. Django and wxPython or WxWidgets experience is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in Web Services implementation and use
- Proficiency in markup languages including HTML, XML, and YAML
- Experience in managing Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems
- Ability to quickly learn and effectively use new hardware and software technologies is a must.
- Strong presentation and written communication skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of supply chain business processes, such as contract manufacturing, third party logistics providers, and distribution operations is highly desirable.