As a Solutions Engineer, you play a critical role in driving sales and implementing the services purchased during the sales process to ensure our customers see a positive return on their investment in Classy.
As a member of the Professional Services team, you will play a pivotal role in the enterprise pre-sales process while implementing solutions for clients across segments. Working cross-functionally with the sales team to drive sales and set expectations on what Classy can deliver to its customers. You will be a critical player in driving short- and long-term customer success, helping each customer fully realize the opportunities that Classy brings to their organization.
To be successful in this role, the Solutions Engineer will work across a matrixed environment, including Sales, Product, Customer Success, and Operations, bringing enterprise sales across the line and customer objectives to fruition through cross-departmental collaboration and communication.
The ideal candidate is experienced in SaaS or consulting, has a passion for helping customers, and has an outstanding aptitude for applying technology to achieve results.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a Classy platform expert understanding the needs of customers and translating them back to the Classy platform.
- Design and deliver on innovative solutions to address prospect challenges and build solutions to solve for those challenges.
- Lead technical demos of the Classy platform.
- Work closely with customers and their tech teams to fully integrate Classy.
- Work in conjunction with Account Executives to respond to technical aspects of RFIs and RFPs and continue to increase efficiency of RFP templates.
- Act as a liaison between the customers we serve, and the Classy product team to bring forward any technical needs. Through these interactions, help forecast what the market will require or could benefit from, monetize the impact, and communicate that internally to assist in driving Classy's ongoing product roadmap and philosophy.
- Track and maintain accurate prospect and customer records, and ensure clients hit key milestones using Gainsight and Salesforce.
- Communicate what can and cannot be accomplished using the Classy API and consult on calls with customers about their use cases for the Classy APIs.
What you bring (Required):
- 3+ years of experience and success in sales, account management, or project management.
- Ability to build rapport with customers, from C-level executives to end users, and internal stakeholders
- A proven track record of hitting and exceeding quota within a team-selling environment.
- A great listener and are articulate in verbal and written communication.
- Knowledgeable about open APIs and Salesforce integrations a plus.
- A mastery of writing and documenting HTML & CSS and building web pages from scratch.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the year.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- SaaS/Internet experience required.
What would be awesome to have (Preferred):
- Nonprofit online fundraising experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Sketch for wireframing and creating mockups a plus.