Carousel Industries is one of the fastest growing IT companies in the US, poised for explosive growth. As a premier IT services firm, we offer an extensive portfolio of services and technologies that span the following areas: unified communications and collaboration, networking, data center, security, and cloud-based solutions. Through our partnerships with leading technology vendors—like Cisco, Avaya, Microsoft, HPE, and Fortinet, for example—Carousel offers innovative IT leadership, consultative, professional, and managed services to help our clients drive transformation within their organization. Founded in 1992, Carousel serves more than 6,000 customers, including 35 of the Fortune 100. Carousel has been recognized by multiple publications and industry consortiums as a top technology integrator and managed services and cloud solution provider–including the Inc. 500/5000, Healthcare Informatics 100, and CRN MSP Elite 150. Headquartered in Exeter, RI, Carousel has more than 1,300 employees based in 27 offices–with three Network Operating Centers nationwide.
We are searching for those who are fueled by an inner drive to make a difference and to push their professional and technical capabilities to the next level. If you are someone who wants to become the “go to person” or the “subject matter expert” in your field, then Carousel is the place for you. Ask Carousel employees what makes them stick around for five, 10, or 20 years, and they’ll tell you it’s the brilliant people with whom they collaborate and the opportunities for personal and professional growth.
The Solutions Engineer (SE) – is a technical/sales role that requires deep knowledge of premise based and Hosted/Cloud based solutions that encompass: Infrastructure, Security, with knowledge of switching/routing, wireless/Mobility/BYOD, virtualization & storage, power & infrastructure solutions especially as it relates to real time traffic is essential (QoS, failover mechanisms, Data network impacts etc). Familiarity with Unified Communications/Collaboration Solutions, VoIP, SIP, and Contact Center.
The Solutions Engineer (SE) – is a front line technical resource, responsibilities include:
- Work with Sales Team to uncover/identify/qualify customer needs/ objectives; Develop strategies and solutions that can be satisfied by Carousel Solutions portfolio
- Responsibilities include technical discovery, design, solution positioning, deliverables (Solution Design/Scope of Work, Bill of Materials/Pricing, Visio Solution Diagrams), presentations (design, technology, competitive analysis, and industry). The SE is responsible for overall solution integrity
- Develop solution documentation for hand-off to Carousel implementation teams.
- Lead technical sessions with clients to discover requirements and develop solutions; translate complex business requirements into solutions that address the identified business issues.
- Conduct formal and informal presentations of solutions from a both a business benefit and technical perspective.
- Be a team player and eager to learn the solutions/ technologies from other team members through informal, formal, and self-paced training.
- Perform on-site and remote product demonstrations / deliver product updates/roadmap presentations
- Maintain an in-depth level of technical and industry knowledge through ongoing training, seminars and certifications.
- Travel is a requirement and will vary depending on the regional requirements.
- 7 to 10 year experience as a sales/system engineer designing collaboration solutions for enterprise customers. Candidate will have a fundamental understanding of capex vs opex procurement strategy and Cloud topology/concepts.
- Preferred vendors: Cisco, Avaya, RingCentral, Genesys, Five9
- The ideal candidate will also have fundamental skills/exposure to designing Premise and/or Cloud based Voice/UC and Contact Center solutions.
- Excellent Executive and Operations level written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Communicate and present Customer Benefits/ROI, Solution Architecture
- Communicate our solution advantage/benefits vs. competitor solutions
- Strong tech skills/background to develop solutions and communicate with IT staff but also elevate conversation to C level (communicate technical concepts in non-technical terms and business value)
- Working knowledge of Carrier (PSTN ,WAN, SIP) solutions
- Knowledge of current IT challenges/initiatives and business drivers (EG Cloud, Mobility, Unified Communications, Visual Communications, Data Center, Virtualization, Data Networking, Carrier, BYOD, Applications)
- Demonstrated self-starter, with the ability to work independently and within a collaborative, virtual team environment.
- Strong creativity, problem solving and technical skills and continual learning.
- Good organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Maintain technical certifications as required