The Solutions Development Engineer assists in the development of logistics and supply chain solutions for new and existing customers. This position will work as a member of the Warehouse Solutions team to develop solutions to generate new business opportunities as well as to increase opportunities with existing customers.
- Provide leadership for customer solutions by identifying and working on issues or projects of a diverse scope where analysis of a situation or data requires identification, judgment, and the selection of methods/techniques for obtaining a solution.
- Provide analytical support for projects, new business opportunities, and proposals for warehousing and secondary packaging operations.
- Support the development and standardization of modeling techniques to support corporate strategic objectives.
- Lead or participate in cross functional teams to develop and maintain efficiencies through lean six sigma methodologies.
- Maintain positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in the development and achievement of strategic business process KPI's and metrics.
- Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering or related discipline required
- Must possess a minimum of 5-8 years of experience in warehousing and/or secondary packaging related disciplines
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Quantitative and financial modeling skills
- Critical thinking – analytical problem solving skills with significant amount of information
- Creative thinking – dealing with imperfect information and ambiguity
- Presentation skills – ability to inform and persuade internal and external stakeholders in relations to developed solutions
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization both internal and external to achieved desired results
- Demonstrate a passion for cost and service level optimization
- Ability to travel 10% - 15%
- Must possess strong capabilities in modeling software and techniques, including Microsoft Excel and Access with macro level experience
- Must have experience with facility layout and packaging line layout tools utilizing software such as AutoCad
- Preferred exposure to varied warehouse structures including traditional bulk, high density, RF, pick to light, voice pick, etc.
- Preferred exposure to light automation in packaging operations design
- Preferred familiarity with work measurement techniques such as MOST, MTM, or MODAPTS
- Preferred familiarity with line balancing techniques and tools