The Solution Delivery Consultant is responsible for carrying out the successful deployment of 8x8 Unified Communications services both directly, and through the utilization of 3rd party resources. The Solution Delivery Consultant will function as an integrator between the customer's business needs and technology solutions and will directly impact the success and retention of the customer. The Solution Delivery Consultant will collect detailed customer requirements, write System Design Documents, configure 8x8 and 3rd party product features and services, train administrators and end users, and troubleshoot deployment issues.
The Solution Delivery Consultant will also assist customers with the integration of 8x8 systems and hardware with their legacy systems, including network equipment, databases and ancillary devices such as overhead paging equipment and door strike systems. Throughout the deployment phase, the Solution Delivery Consultant will work closely with Sales, Project Management, 3rd party technicians, and the customer's IT staff to create and carry out deployment projects according to schedule, collaborating both onsite from 8x8 headquarters and remotely.
Let's take a look at what you will be doing from a high level:
- Gathers functional and business requirements from customers and translates them into System Design requirements.
- Provides hands-on configuration, testing, documentation, & technical assistance to customers/re-sellers/vendors during deployments.
- Collaborates with Sales, Engineering, & Project Management teams to ensure customer requirements are fully captured and deployed.
- Identifies design issues and follows-up with Project Management and Engineering for successful resolution
- Configures PBX, call flows, user profiles and call management features
- Tests system and ensures proper routing of calls, including performing troubleshooting and escalation as necessary
- Provides on-site and remote training of customers administrators and end users
- Provides full documentation of the deployment to assist in the successful transition of the customer to our support teams
- Works with cross functional internal teams to channel customer feedback to help improve 8x8 products and services
- Demonstrates passion for continued success of our customers
To be successful in this role, you must possess:
- BA degree or equivalent
- 5+ years' experience in deploying communications systems
- Experience in configuring and supporting VoIP systems
- Working knowledge of telephony, PBX, SIP Trunking and UC technology
- Experience configuring routers, troubleshooting LAN/VoIP systems
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of deployments through successful completion
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated in a customer facing environment
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Flexible schedule to accommodate travel and off-hour deployment requirements