The Solutions Consultant plays a critical role in value creation and revenue-generating activities by virtue of their involvement in pre/post sales end-user customer engagement. The Solutions Consultant is an expert at understanding the customer’s business challenges and articulating a vision of a solution to those challenges using the Digital Lumens, Inc. portfolio of products.
The Solutions Consultant is at the same time a technical wizard and a storyteller who can engage their audience in a discussion of the potential to realize value for their business and growth for their career while building sales and account relationship momentum. What’s more, the Solution Consultant has a learning mindset that enables them to read and react to the situation, displaying the situation fluency to engage customers up and down their organization, and bring back those learnings to inform product roadmaps and advance sales enablement.
Key areas of accountability: Solution Selling, Application Deployment, Customer Success, Market and Customer trends and insights to inform product roadmap and Sales Enablement.
- Development and implementation, in coordination with the regional sales manager and Value-Added Reseller (VAR) partner network, of the solutions selling strategy for end-user customers. Training, mentoring and developing the partner network along the way.
- Understand Digital Lumen, Inc.’s strategic and competitive position to drive market adoption of Digital Lumens’ industry-leading solutions and leverage stakeholder insights, market analysis, and company priorities in driving customer engagement and winning business for existing and new to the world products.
- Collect customer insights via site audits to understand lighting, monitoring, metering, and asset tracking requirements that can be used in the design of implementations to achieve targeted business and operational outcomes and then work with VAR partners to deploy the solutions and ensure they deliver the results.
- Use and enhance existing and develop new tools to support the economic value assessment of deploying Digital Lumens, Inc. products for process and environmental monitoring and metering and asset tracking (people, goods, equipment) for specific customer facilities. Use these insights to support selling activities and assess the achievement of customer outcomes after deployment.
Your Qualifications and Skills
What we would like:
- You have experience in project engineering, application engineering, or similar customer-facing services deliver or sales engineering for HW, SW, Services, and systems in a solution or consultative selling go-to-market environment.
- 3-5 years overall work experience (preferably related to industrial applications and environments and involving advanced lighting controls, manufacturing automation, location services, data logging, or data analytics).
- Possess the ability to engage with people up and down your own and your customer’s and partner’s organizations.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, leadership, and analytical skills
- BA/BS (preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field experience)
What we would love:
- You have an understanding of energy efficiency and sustainability methods and programs.
- You have a passion for delivering measurable and meaningful value to customers, and a drive to do what it takes to grow a business.
- You have a general understanding of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and Software as a Service (SaaS) and how they work together to bring customer value.
- You are equally at ease working and communicating with product development engineers, direct and indirect sales teams, customers, partners, and thought leaders.