Solutions Consultant/Business Analyst
The Solutions Consultant is an individual dedicated to one or more of JLL’s global Fortune 500 customers with the goal of improving the overall real estate and facilities management (REFM) operations through technology and process improvement. The Business Analyst is responsible for helping customers implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project or program, creating documentation, mockups and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, facilitators and partners.
The BA will be required to support all Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) projects, helping to troubleshoot system and data issues while looking for areas of process improvement. The BA will be expected to bring innovation and best practices to the customer to help drive improvement and gain efficiencies. This role will collaborate effectively with all levels of leadership within the client REFM organization as a means of ensuring that their strategic initiatives are met. This is a virtual role but with travel 50% to San Jose client.
- Act as the liaison between the customer REFM stakeholders, the JLL project execution team and the IWMS software vendor.
- Provide guidance for the customer through decision-making processes regarding cost/benefit, timelines, and operational and change management issues
- Participate in all planning sessions often acting on behalf of the customer.
- Responsible for managing the requirements process: collecting, defining, documenting, mockup and approvals.
- Responsible for creating documentation for:
- ‘as-is’ and ‘to-be’ processes, process
- Operating procedures
- Key Performance Indicators and measurement criteria
- Reporting Objectives and Solutions
- Data gathering templates and management plans
- Train end users on IWMS functionality and processes.
- Run data queries to identify data issues and provide recommended solutions.
- Education of the Client regarding industry best practices when applicable.
- Identify and follow-through on process and functionality improvement initiatives.
- Work with varying levels within the customer organization to better understand customer needs.
- Work with project team to drive the design and review of test cases, process change requests, and manage a project’s scope, acceptance, installation and deployment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS or BA in related discipline or related experience.
- 3 years of experience in a BA role with increasing responsibility
- 3 years’ experience requirements analysis, documentation and management.
- Experience on project teams adhering to formal PM processes (PMI, Six Sigma, Agile, Lean, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Able to communicate complex ideas in a simple and friendly manner to non-technical users
- Implementation and deployment experience with ARCHIBUS, or similar IWMS application
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Visio and PowerPoint
- Experience in leading group presentations including end user training classes
- Ability to manage projects and effectively execute project specific deliverables
- Working knowledge of ARCHIBUS, TRIRIGA or other IWMS software.
- Conceptual to working knowledge of AutoCAD and document management.
- Conceptual to working knowledge of Facilities, Real Estate and Asset Management industry and practices.