Beyond20 is seeking an experienced Solutions Consultant to join our growing training and consulting practice. This position will report to the Service Delivery Manager but will work with a significant degree of autonomy.
The qualified candidate will have extensive experience configuring and deploying one or more ITSM and/or EPM platforms. Development experience with Microsoft SQL Server is required, along with a strong understanding of relational database architecture and design. Experience working with and implementing ITIL based processes is a plus. PMP®, Scrum, ISO/IEC 20000, and ITIL® Expert certifications are highly desirable.
The position will require some travel (25%).
The Solutions Consultant will interface with customers and other members of the Beyond20 team to transform customer requirements into fully functional solutions based on the Microsoft Project Server, SharePoint, OpsRamp, Service NOW, and Cherwell Service Management platforms. This includes building dashboards, customized workflows for processes and procedures, customizing user interfaces, and interfacing with existing customer data sources and tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configure and develop customer solutions on selected Microsoft, OpsRamp, Service NOW, and Cherwell Service Management platforms
- Lead customer technical demos, both live and via remote meeting tools
- Conduct training classes for customers on the use of software tools
- Serve as a Beyond20 ITSM evangelist and “Thought Leader”:
- Create video content relevant to our clients' needs
- Write blog postings, articles and white papers
- Perform speaking engagements on ITSM, Digital Transformation, AIOps and Project Management topics
- Regularly attend professional organization meetings and conferences
- Participate in online groups and discussion forums on relevant topics
Other duties may include:
- Develop custom applications on the Cherwell Service Management Platform
- Taking on leadership responsibilities for the benefit of peers and management, such as program development, meeting coordination, training and mentoring
- Assist with proposal writing, respond to RFPs and RFQs as needed
- Assist with marketing / operational / administrative activities as needed
- Perform onsite and offsite consulting engagements for Beyond20 clients. Consulting engagements include but are not limited to the following:
- ITSM and Project Management Maturity Assessments
- ITSM Project / Program Management
- Implementation of custom dashboards, reporting, and metrics
- Staff training on tools and Processes
- Process Design / Improvement
- Other IT management and support roles
Identify and assist with development of new business opportunities (training engagements and professional services) Assist with development of new training products and materials Assist with operational / administrative activities as needed
- Minimum of 5 years of successful ITSM and/or EPM software development experience.
- Familiarity with SaaS and Cloud technologies
- Strong familiarity with networking technologies
- Proficient in Microsoft SQL and one or more programming languages
- Familiarity with Active Directory
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines with a minimum of supervision
- Knowledge of the ITIL Framework and Agile/Scrum methodology is a plus
- Four-year college degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: ability to talk to C-level audiences
- Effective problem-solving, time, and project management skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite