The Solutions Consultant is assigned to projects with great complexity and is responsible for the overall success of the project. This position will be the main point of contact for all project related concerns and will own the scope of work, managing onsite resources, and identifying all risks and exposures. The Solutions Consultant will also conduct implementation and integration specialist related accountabilities
- Manage and direct onsite team resources including the creation of detailed daily schedules for all onsite team members.
- Collect operational considerations from customer project management and design configuration of systems to support customer requirements. Make recommendations to utilize full advantages of Agilysys product line while maximizing operational efficiencies.
- Identify and manage project scope. Verify that project documentation is sufficient, as well as clear and concise to guarantee that all parties are knowledgeable of required project tasks and milestones.
- Collaborate with customer project management to reduce or eliminate project risks and exposures and to develop effective communication plan for escalation process; provide solutions for issues resulting in project scope change.
- Install, configure, and test system configuration in order to maximize efficiency and provide operational consistency.
- Manage the data conversion and reconciliation effort
- Develop detailed project documentation upon completion of project to ensure that the Customer Care team has all relevant information to handle support for client going forward.
- Research software problems defined by customers and provide diagnosis and resolution.
- Confirm production readiness, and supports problem management and resolution through tactical and strategic technology insertions.
- Direct internal resources including identified Installation team, along with other internal Agilysys resources, as needed, to work through project tasks and challenges to determine and finalize appropriate solutions to meet project goals.
- Direct internal departments to recognize installation improvements and utilize product feedback of Agilysys products to improve the product.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and /or work experience in the hospitality and / or technology field(s).
- 5 to 7 years of experience in system implementation and/or consulting or hospitality operations.
- Industry experience relating to Inventory Procurement, Property Management Systems, Point of Sale solutions, Project Management and/or Accounting practices.
- Experience in project implementation cycle related to hospitality and/or IT.
- Be available to travel at least 60% of the year to both domestic and international customer sites with limited advanced notice.
- Solid understanding of business operations and accounting practices.
- Dedication to customer service is a must
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to communicate in English.
- Great work ethic; will go above and beyond to exceed client expectations.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and great team player.
- Proven track record in development and execution of training and mentorship programs at all levels of personnel.
- Must be able to work independently with a high degree of self-initiative.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of advanced MS Office products including Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio.
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changes in project priorities.
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule.
- Proven leadership skills, with focus on team member growth, customer service excellence and overall project success.
- Able to obtain a gaming license
Additional desired experience and qualifications
- Certification in training / consulting related field
- Knowledge of database platforms.
- Scripting/programming experience.