Solutions Architect (ClickSoftware, Inc.; Burlington, MA): The Solution Architect is based at ClickSoftware’s headquarters in Burlington, Massachusetts, with a telecommuting benefit. The incumbent must reside within commuting distance from St. Louis, Missouri to service clients.
As a member of the ClickSoftware Professional Services Group, the Solution Architect is a key player in an exciting, customer interfacing role that couples technical and customer relationship skills to successfully implement ClickSoftware’s product offerings.
The Solution Architect role involves understanding the unique characteristics of the scheduling problems faced by customers, suggesting solutions to achieve business results using ClickSoftware’s products, and implementing these solutions.
Otherresponsibilities include solution conceptualization, design, implementation, maintenance, and interaction with other organizations (Product Marketing, QA, Implementation partners) during the project life cycle.
Responsible for recognizing business and end-user requirements and developing business processes that can be improved through service optimization technology.
Provide the best practices for field service operations as well as in service optimization technology. Clearly define the project’s business problems and goals. Interact with clients to define functional requirements.
Help develop testing, training, and roll out plans. Act as subject matter expert throughout the life cycle of the project. Provide technical assistance and supervision to other project team members.
Lead the solution delivery team(s) to develop best of breed integrated scheduling solution including design of application functionality, workflows, business rules, and algorithms based on the ClickSchedule framework.
Design the integration of ClickSoftware’s suite of products with various systems such as customer interaction systems (e.g. SFDC, Clarify, Vantive and Siebel) and Enterprise Resource Planning (e.g. BAAN, PeopleSoft, and SAP). Position involves travel up to 50% in a year to client locations (domestic and international).
Minimum requirements are: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, plus 4 years of experience in the job offered or 4 years of experience in the design, development, and implementation of enterprise commercial business applications, including system integration.
Special Skills: Must have:
(1) 1 year of experience with ClickSoftware’s suite of products, including ClickSchedule and ClickMobile, at ClickSoftware or with another employer using ClickSoftware technologies;
(2) 2 years’ experience in Professional Services or similar client facing role in a client/vendor relationship;
(3) 2 years’ experience with C#;
(4) 3 years of experienceMS-SQL Server or Oracle;
(5) Documented experience with Web-based applications using HTML5, Angular JS, JSON, XML, and/or XSL;
(6) Experience in managing small teams;
(7) 1 year of proven experience with scheduling or logistics;
(8) excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
(9) Willingness to travel up to 50% in a year, both domestic and international.