At Perficient you'll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you'll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world's biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We're proud to be publicly recognized as a "Top Workplace" year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled. About Our Dallas Office
Our Dallas team works with many of the largest healthcare, retail, financial services and manufacturing companies in the North Texas region. As a global digital consultancy delivering end-to-end digital solutions to the world's largest enterprises and biggest brands, we're helping companies in DFW to digitally transform and prepare for tomorrow.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Solutions Architect
in our Dallas location. Job Overview:
Perficient is seeking a Solutions Architect with experience in cloud technologies. The Solutions Architect may or may not have a programming background, but will have expertise in infrastructure architecture, client presales / presentation, team management and thought leadership skills. The role will require that the individual be familiar with current and emerging cloud technologies, tools and system architectures. The role requires an individual who can work closely with application developers, architects and infrastructure engineers to deliver resilient solution in a team oriented environment.
You will provide best-fit architectural solutions for one or more projects; you will assist in defining scope and sizing of work; and anchor Proof of Concept developments. You will provide solution architecture for the business problem, platform integration with third party services, designing and developing complex features for clients' business needs.
You will collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative, high-quality solutions, participate in sales and various pursuits focused on our clients' business needs. You will also contribute in a variety of roles in thought leadership, mentorship, systems analysis, architecture, design, configuration, testing, debugging, and documentation. You will challenge your leading edge solutions, consultative and business skills through the diversity of work in multiple industry domains. Responsibilities
- Provide mentoring, knowledge transfer and assist in training for other team members.
- Understand business goals and drivers and translate those into an appropriate technical solution
- Identify explicit/implicit technical assumption and devise corresponding experimentation to validate the key resiliency assumptions.
- Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of technology architecture. Provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation.
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or more technology domains.
- Lead projects within architecture. Work with Product Owner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Project and solution estimation and team structure definition.
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- Support multiple agile scrum teams with planning, scoping and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production.
- Liaise with offshore team and clients for resolving technical dependencies, issues, and risks.
- Mentor and provide architectural guidance to multiple teams building innovative applications.
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions.
- Engage with Technical Architects and technical staff to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs.
- Demonstrate broad solutions technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change.
Preferred skills and education:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the design & implementation of distributed applications
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in networking, infrastructure, and database architecture
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in highly available architecture and solution implementation
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in architecting and delivering cloud solutions
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience with enterprise technologies or digital consulting
- At least 2 project implementations that exploit the full capabilities (discover, design, implement and optimize)
- At least 3 years of experience in a professional services company, consulting firm, or agency
- Ability to elicit requirements and communicate clearly with non-technical individuals, development teams, and other ancillary project members.
- Have a solid understanding of delivery methodology and lead teams in the implementation of the solution according to the design/architecture.
- Experience in project and solution estimation and team structure definition.
- Fluent and current on architecture trends with an eye on market/technical conditions and future direction.
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural stand point.
- Demonstrated success in performing work and managing complex and/or large consulting projects.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Certification in AWS or similar technologies.
- Leadership and team management experience with ability to provide strategic planning and oversight
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of various solution architecture alternatives
- Must be comfortable working in an open, highly collaborative team
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience leading customer workshop sessions to educate customers on the latest technology trends and best practices
- Track record of leadership roles delivering solutions within defined timeframes
- Experience working with a globally distributed team and managing off-shore teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills along with and ability to communicate at all levels.
This is a full-time position with Perficient. This position is only available to those interested in salaried staff employment opportunities. At Perficient, we offer a full competitive base salary a full benefits package including medical, dental and vision, a 401(k) with matching contributions, 3 weeks of paid time off, and 10 paid holidays per year. WHO WE ARE
Perficient is a leading global digital consultancy. We imagine, create, engineer, and run digital transformation solutions that help our clients exceed customers' expectations, outpace competition, and grow their business. With unparalleled strategy, creative, and technology capabilities, our colleagues bring big thinking and innovative ideas, along with a practical approach to help our clients - the world's largest enterprises and biggest brands succeed. WHAT WE BELIEVE
At Perficient, we promise to challenge, champion, and celebrate our people. You will experience a unique and collaborative culture that values every voice. Join our team, and you'll become part of something truly special.
We believe in developing a workforce that is as diverse and inclusive as the clients we work with. We're committed to actively listening, learning, and acting to further advance our organization, our communities, and our future leaders... and we're not done yet.
Perficient, Inc. proudly provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Perficient, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Perficient, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or covered veterans. Improper interference with the ability of Perficient, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Perficient is committed to providing a barrier-free employment process with reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us. #LI-KB3