iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group's stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Take a step forward for your career at iA Financial Group and showcase your skills and abilities as they pertain to advising partners, developing your career and controlling and respecting processes in continuous improvement mode. Your contribution will be valued within an organization which has human values in a climate of high-performance. As Solutions Architect - Wealth Management, you are responsible for the delivery of all IT solutions under your purview for the wealth management division. You will work in Lean and Agile mode and provide IT consulting services to your partners to meet their business needs.
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Lead solution design (lead architect) in all aspects:
- Organizational -- processes, change management, requirements (functional specifications), legal and regulatory obligations;
- System -- functional requirements, development, component selection and reuse, integration;
- Technological -- non-functional and technical requirements, use of new design approaches (e.g.: cloud computing, mobile), security, performance, availability.
- Owner of the global documentation, which will serve as the main information vehicle within the architecture process, must facilitate the review of all technical aspects and support decision-making.
- Ensure the solution is aligned with and integrated into the affected ecosystems.
- Ensure the integrity and quality of the solution -- from design to delivery (end-to-end) -- including continuous validation of the team's understanding.
- Maintain the traceability of architectural decisions, certify the technical project documentation and verify the updating of the core documentation affected by the work.
- Provide multidisciplinary leadership within the implementation team and peripheral collaborators, including external suppliers.
- Contribute to the success of the project, particularly in terms of schedule, scope and budget management.
- With the support of the enterprise architecture team and in order to maintain corporate alignment, ensure compliance of the solutions with prescriptive design guidelines and models, processes, use of standardized tools, standards and other architectural methods approved by enterprise architecture.
- Identify potential problems between proposed solutions and functional or technical specifications and propose workaround solutions if necessary.
- Ability to simultaneously handle several aspects of the same complex situation, in the best interest of the internal partner and the organization
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain things in common terms, both with IT teams and business people
- Excellent negotiation skills and advanced conflict resolution skills
- High tolerance for ambiguity and uncertainty
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business informatics, information systems, computer or software engineering, mathematics or any other relevant field
- 15 years of experience in information technology and a minimum of 7 years as an IT architecture professional in various large-scale projects and organizations
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks (e.g.: TOGAF, Zachman, etc.)
- Experience in designing high availability, reliability, usability and volume applications and systems
- Good knowledge/understanding of key strategic IT technologies
- Experience working with SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle), DevOps, Agile and LEAN methodologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of the financial services sector and business-related regulations - IIROC and MFDA (asset)
- Bilingual (French-English) is a strong asset,