What you’ll be doing...
Responsibilities associated with the position include:
- Identifying and qualifying business opportunities and identifying key client technical objections and developing the strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Owning the technical relationship with clients, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, coordination of additional technical resources, and obtaining Client requirements and translates these into a (client-specific) Solution Design and/or Verizon State/Local/Educationoffer.
- Leading solution definition and solution design both internal within Verizon Business Group as well as towards the client.
- Leading the prioritization of client solution / technical requirements and championing the resolution of solution / product gaps internally (also towards Product Groups).
- Working with potential clients to analyze IT infrastructure for potential opportunities to demonstrate Verizon Business Group solution's unique capabilities.
- Articulating the Verizon Business Group vision on technologies and solutions towards the client; positioning Verizon Business Group as thought leader on key technological developments.
- Developing individual skill set and expanding product knowledge to maximize value and to deliver quality services to our clients. This includes attaining designated certification requirements and attending product-specific training, reviewing technical literature, and obtaining hands-on experience.
- Traveling to client sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years in a customer-facing leadership role with accountability for end-to-end delivery (e.g., Solutions Architect, Sales Engineer, Service Delivery Architect).
- Five or more years of experience delivering customer presentations and preparing customer-facing material (e.g., RFP responses, proactive proposals, network/system designs).
- A valid driver’s license.
- Eligibility to pass motor vehicle records check.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have:
- A Master's degree.
- Experience managing regional territories, budgets and operations.
- Four or more years of sales experience in wireless data,IP/MPLS, SD-WAN, Cloud, UCaaS, etc
- Managed competing priorities with tight deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Professional communication skills to effectively present to frontline employees and internal and external executive leadership.
- Demonstrated negotiation and closing skills.
- Current and valid industry certifications in one or more of the following:
- Cisco: Cisco Certified Design Associate/ Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCDA/CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional/ Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCNP/CCDP), Cisco Certified Voice Professional (CCVP)
- Experience in sales or service of Fortune 500 companies or State/Local/Education entities
- Successful project delivery in a Fortune 100 company.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.