- Independently gather and analyze information for developing and modifying information processing systems in accordance with USPS requirements.
- Prepare the architectural plan for the integration of these systems into the larger technical environment.
- Interface with client stakeholders to define requirements for new/upgraded systems, and create design specifications/documentation for the developers.
- Manage work assignments across a team of developers.
- Oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
Required:A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline is preferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in software development, enterprise architecture, or related field, with consulting skills preferred.
- Perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs or mission critical aspects of a given program.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor less experienced personnel in object-oriented development.
- Extensive experience with objected-oriented programming methodologies and techniques (data/object modeling, methods, classes, inheritance, polymorphism, re-use concepts, frameworks).
- Considerable experience with requirements definition, specification creation and preparation of conceptual, logical and physical design documentation using case models, class models, component models and physical models.
- Strong experience with multiple object-oriented technologies such as Object-C, Smalltalk, Delphi, OpenStep, WebObjects, Informatica, Platinum, Nomad, Websphere, and enterprise Java Beans.
- Extensive experience with full life-cycle software applications development (i.e., design, construction, testing, and implementation).
- Good knowledge of code versioning and change management concepts.
- Demonstrated client interaction skills and ability to work in a team environment, on-site in a client facility.
- Proven ability to manage work assignments across a team of developers.
- Excellent communication skills.