Solutions Architect (Systems Engineer for Pre-Sales)
Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
This is the technical member of a Regional sales team. Develop fully integrated technology solutions in support of presales activities, and provide technical leadership and direction to customers and internal staff.
- Work with Account Manager to identify, qualify and close new sales
- Develop technical responses to RFI/RFP
- Recognize and interpret customer needs, and architect comprehensive solutions
- Develop and conduct product presentations involving system architecture and design, system troubleshooting
- Travel throughout the region to perform technical sales, and position Penguin solutions vs. competitors
- Compensation includes commission based on sales performance and attainment of team goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- 3 to 5 years experience providing technical sales solutions involving Linux cluster technologies and optimization techniques
- Ability to travel as needed up to 50% through the assigned region
- Preferred Qualifications (not all required):
- Strong knowledge of High Performance Computing (HPC) application development
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Infiniband
- Ethernet switch configuration
- Storage knowledge include block and object store technologies
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Moderate to extensive keyboard activity required. Some lifting (up to 50 lbs.) may be required.
Work requires overnight travel to client sites.