$100K — $150K *
Symetra has a great opportunity to join our Cloud team as a Sr. Solutions Engineer!
About the role
Symetra’s Cloud Services team is growing and is seeking an experienced and proven Solutions Architect that will be tasked with establishing, implementing, and refining our Cloud operating environments. As a part of our vision for digital transformation and innovation, the Cloud Services team will help the organization adopt Cloud native solutions. This key role will work with leading partners and senior leaders to deliver on complex, enterprise-level initiatives that are a part of the company’s overall strategic direction. To be successful in this role the candidate must have deep cloud technology knowledge and align technology solutions to specific business objectives
This role will contribute leadership within the program to develop, maintain and govern the cloud enterprise architecture across the organization. This individual is also responsible for helping define the architecture review requirements, and for leading the integration of those processes with related business and IT processes
What you will do
• Research and determine/implement creation of methods and processes that will be used to influence how departments operate in the cloud. Lead the identification and analysis of enterprise business drivers to derive useful business context. Consult on the independent documentation of architecture design and analysis work. Support the development and execution of a communication and education plan for our cloud resources (focus on Empowering Employees). Assess, communicate and evangelize the value of Cloud Services and Enablement.
• Creation of intellectual property that will be used to influence what departments do. Lead analysis of the current IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement. Contribute to the documentation of architecture design and analysis work. Provide leadership in the development and execution of a communication and education plans for Cloud Enablement
• Delivery of artifacts that will be used to drive understanding and direction of Cloud Enablement across the enterprise. Lead the creation and/or evolution of the enterprise cloud architecture. Understand, advocate and support the enterprise's IT strategies. Lead and facilitate the creation of cloud principles to guide decision making. Help proliferate analysis of technology and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise architecture. Promote processes, outcomes and results to the organization, including the enterprise's IT and business leaders. Be responsible for the evaluation and selection of Cloud Enablement standards. Lead analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise architecture. Promote CE processes, outcomes and results to the organization, including the enterprise's IT and business leaders. Ensure that the efficient governance structure and compliance activities are associated with Symetra compliance. Coordinate the evaluation and selection of CE standards
• Involvement and/or ownership delivering new or improved IT services and business capabilities in the cloud. Lead the development of an implementation plan for enterprise cloud enablement premised on business requirements and IT strategies. Lead all aspects of Cloud implementation and ongoing refinement activities. Collaborate with project teams to align projects to enterprise cloud architecture, as well as to identify when it is necessary to modify the proposed architecture to accommodate project needs. Collaborate with infrastructure development project teams to align infrastructure to architecture, as well as to identify when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture. Identify organizational requirements for the resources, structures and cultural changes necessary to support the enterprise cloud architecture. Ability to estimate the financial impacts. Ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems. Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
Who you are
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, systems analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience. AWS professional certifications are highly recommended
• 7-12 years of experience in at least two IT fields (such as technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, information analysis, database management or operations) in a multi-tier environment
• Knowledge of how to navigate and effectively utilize AWS cloud logs and cloud native tools, build and modify Cloud Formation Templates (includes publishing via pipelines), knowledge of AWS Config, Windows and SSM skills and DMS capabilities. Some ability to understand or write Python code is a plus. Solid understanding for how to develop applications in the cloud and ability to support others in this endeavor
Valid through: 12/17/2020
$200K — $250K
4 days ago