The Solutions Architect designs solutions for the betterment of productivity and efficiency of the Information Technology department’s support of day to day business. This design work may be for external clients or internal clients within the Firm. The Solution Architect analyzes and provides direction on major projects in IT working with the various departments to insure consistent implementation of standard technologies. The Architect does research on reported problems, plans and proposes solutions, advocates software and systems for the Firm and coordinates the problem solving process to ensure the Firm standards are met. The Architect is a link between IT professionals and vendors.
- Interacting extensively with external and internal clients.
- Interacting with vendors support integration between the groups involved.
- Coordinating with the Architecture Team to ensure cohesive direction and implementations.
- Function as a bridge between Enterprise and Application Architecture.
- Critically understanding clients’ operations and systems.
- Translating the client’s requirements into highly technical specifications.
- Determining the potential solutions and testing them for both technical and business compatibility.
- Developing project feasibility reports.
- Convincing and presenting proposals to clients.
- Working with software developers and other end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Planning a testing schedule for completing the system operations.
- Supervising proper implementation of a new system.
- Provide innovative ideas and continuously keep up with the latest ideas in technology.
- Establish and assist in monitoring and adherence of standards that are implemented with Information Systems.
KNOWLEGEDE & SKILLS
- Ability to work with multiple approaches to solving a problem and choosing the most appropriate solution.
- Knowledgeable with a host of computer programming languages, operating systems, and computer hardware platforms.
- Excellent communication skills, analyzing abilities, and management skills.
- Ability to multi-task to address multiple and often conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess exceptional organizational time management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate proactive approach to problem resolution, strong troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently or as a team player to produce effective results in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of compliance functions within a financial organization will be a plus.
- Knowledge of industry standard IT best practices, including disaster recovery and high availability concepts a plus.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other standard office procedures and terminology.
- Effective communication skills and ability to relay information well in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to manage priorities, deadlines and tasks in order to meet deadlines and to accomplish goals.
- Solid analytical skills – uses logic and reasoning to identify complex problems; review related information and develop options and implement solutions.
- Good interpersonal interaction and able to work well with others.
- Travel up to 5%.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business Administration or equivalent exp.
3-5 yrs. successful experience maintaining and supporting IT requirements for day to day business support.