Every year, millions of new listeners are being exposed to podcasting, with hundreds of thousands of new creators meeting this increased listener demand with new content. Individual audio content creators are looking for better tools to immerse their audience in a story.
Since 2013, Simplecast has helped creators publish their podcasts the easy way with hosting, distribution, analytics & sharing tools. Thousands of individual creators and companies have trusted Simplecast with their audio, including Politico, Shopify, TechCrunch, Harvard, Medium, Fast Company, and many other names you know and love. Over the last two years, we’ve been hard at work to usher podcasting into the future, by building the platform we’ve always dreamed of — with more listener insights than ever before, and as easy to publish, share and scale as any other medium.
In June, 2020, Simplecast joined the SiriusXM–Pandora family, where we’ll be able to help podcasters and their shows go even further. Along with AdsWizz and Pandora, Simplecast is breaking ground on unique distribution opportunities and exciting new revenue-generating tools. As we grow, Simplecast is looking to hire a Solutions Architect (remote).
As Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for maintaining technical relations with some of our biggest publishers and partners. A high degree of technical background in cloud streaming or SAAS is desirable. You will become the technology and product advocate on behalf of the publishers, manage resolution of critical technical incidents, educate our customers on how to use our products to maximum value gain. In addition, you will assist with growing the business by acquiring new audio publisher customers, project managing technical solutions to deploy Simplecast Enterprise solutions. We are looking for someone with an unquenchable thirst to win and a passion for helping online audio publishers to adapt to the digital world and to monetize this new channel. The ideal candidate will thrive in our fast paced, results-driven, start-up culture and:
- Provide technical guidance for securing large strategic partnerships with audio content publishers, advertising networks, exchanges/agencies
- Document tribal knowledge related to the Simplecast API, publishing workflows and workarounds
- Execute semi-automated onboarding and service request procedures for Enterprise customers using in-house tools
- Actively advocate for process improvement from the technical administration perspective, and help develop solutions.
- Drive on-boarding of new partners including business requirement definition, technical briefing and product deployment specifications, project launch plan creation, acceptance validation and product delivery project management
- Coordinate with the Sales/Business Development, Product and Operations Management to ensure operation-readiness post-launch
- Act as a point contact for customer product and operational change management, post product delivery
- Communicate product roadmap, new features and benefits to partners/customers regularly
- Monitor key technical and business metrics, share insights and analytics to partners/customers and internal stakeholders
- Manage P1 system incident escalation, communicate status and resolution to partners/customers in collaboration with Global Tech Support and Operations team
- Support quarterly business account reviews with partners/customers and internal executive teams
- An entrepreneurial self-starter.
- Strong organizational, process and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communicator (written and verbal) skills, especially in a client services context.
- Deeply interested in the podcasting industry and enterprise business models.
- Passionate and enthusiastic: willing to do every day what it takes to get the job done.
- Able to handle work in a fast-paced environment and to work with international teams.
- Open and flexible to execute tasks at every level.
- 4-8 years of related Account/Client Services, Technical Consulting and/or Sales Engineering experience in the areas of Audio/Video Streaming or Podcasting.
- Proven project management experience, preferably in enterprise-grade software.
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication.
- Works well against deadlines and has a clear understanding of how to estimate a project and lead to completion.
- Maintain a professional and positive demeanor when dealing with internal and external personnel.
- A proven track record of business successes.
- Excellent combination of operational background, technical support and business awareness with a consultative mindset.
- Solid organization skills, excellent project manager, and ability to follow many topics at once.
- Desirable technical skills: RSS; REST APIs; Linux/UNIX; HTML; HTTP; mobile application development/design; audio/video streaming protocols & encoding.
- Familiarity with Ruby, Elixir, and/or PHP.
- Highly relevant AWS cloud services, ad-tech platform knowledge: working experience with CloudFront, AWS Lambda, Amazon Elastic Transcoding, Sentry.