The mission of the Solutions Architect is to enable the sales team to close larger deals by removing technical fear, creating excitement in the technology, and helping transition the client’s expectations to downstream teams. Additionally, this means engaging with clients to hear their pain points and work with them to create solutions that directly address those points. This will include briefs, documentation, notes, and work tickets, as well as being readily available to answer any technical questions from the clients.
We are looking for engineering architects who have a knack for talking to anyone about anything, who like to listen as well as instruct, and who are boldly ready to help our revenue team up their game. You’re the sort of person that has done a variety of jobs within engineering and has a solid architectural background. If you like jobs that require you to be flexible, to think on your feet, and to help clients get the most out of what we offer and help inform our product team about what can be made better.
Role Specific Job Duties
- Listen to clients to hear the problems they are trying to solve
- Engage client engineers to hear technical strengths and limitations of those team
- Go onsite to help customers’ engineering teams
- Create and run workshops with clients to ensure they get precisely the solution that’s best for them
- Create channels for ideation and problem solving with the client’s technical teams.
- Enable the sales team to focus on more and larger deals without the concern of what technology to use or what solutions might be appropriate
- Create easy to follow and understand documentation for both the client and the team to use for helping the customer make design decisions
- Be available for deep architectural and security conversations with any client that needs to hear it. Satisfying these concerns can help remove the friction and can make the client eager to do more with us.
- Help to create and refine the sales strategies to increase revenue
- Establish trust with the client’s architectural and engineering teams.
- Work with the client delivery team for smooth handoffs from sales
Valuable Qualities for This Role
- Experienced architect: application, systems, enterprise, or solutions
- Experience working with clients
- Great written and verbal skills
- The Engineer’s Engineer. Fits in well to any engineering pool but is still comfortable enough to talk to stakeholders and business value-minded clients.
- Quick thinking on their feet, able to shift from architectural conversations to implementation details to information security quickly.
- Happy to take “point” on calls but also happy to sit back, stay informed, and advise
- 6 years of web development experience
- 4+ Years in client facing role
- 2+ years of software architecture
- Deep technical understanding of web infrastructure, networks, HTTP, and microservices
- One on one conversational skills
- Comfortable presenting to large groups
- Experienced with professional services
- Eager to learn new technologies frequently