Segue Technologies seeks a Solutions Architect to work across our full range of corporate technical competencies to champion a spirit of innovation and excellence within our technical staff. This is a full-time position located at Segue's HQ, Arlington VA.
The successful candidate will be an inquisitive and optimistic consumer of current Information Technology trends and practices. They will have demonstrated success in an Engineering lead role and enjoy working with technical experts on a wide range of Software Engineering and related disciplines to design practical and achievable technical solutions for real-world problems. Experience supporting Federal/DoD System Engineering projects is highly valuable, with the ability to understand and navigate Government challenges in adopting innovative solutions and modernizing systems.
Segue is a fun, rapidly growing organization as exemplified by our inclusion in Virginia Business Magazines best places to work for 9 years in a row. We provide full life cycle application development and tailored system sustainment to Federal, Non-profit, and Commercial organizations. Our compensation package includes: Competitive Annual Salaries, Profit-Sharing and Bonus Incentives, Paid Time Off that Increases with Seniority, Paid Holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution, Dental, Vision, and Health Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Tuition and Training Reimbursement.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate technical leadership of Segue's core and target Engineering disciplines and build internal communities of practice around them
- Identify Segue personnel to lead each discipline and collaborate with them on technical assessments and solution development
- Identify, research, and implement new and emerging tools/technologies into Segue's technical competency areas
- Provide Engineering assessments of new projects (systems, architecture, interfaces, support requirements) as part of project transition efforts
- Lead "Discovery" efforts for system modernization and custom development opportunities
- Work with Project Managers and technical staff to resolve specific technical challenges for current projects and identify opportunities for performance improvements and engineering efficiency
- Provide Technical Solution Leadership:Provide technical review and assessment of business opportunities – providing feedback on the scope and complexity of the work from PWS and technical package review
- Provide oversight and recommendations for Segue technical positions to include training recommendations, effective resource use, and fostering personnel growth
- Provide technical approach recommendations and proposal response writing to include recommend technologies/tools, technical staff mix, schedule, cost and risks.
- Support innovative solution development for customer presentations, white papers, and prototypes
- Work with Segue's Quality Assurance (QA) Manager to define/review/refine Segue Engineering disciplines through CMMI and ISO standards (CMMI Level 3, ISO 9001:2015)
- Additional tasks as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Electronics or equivalent experience. 5 years of Information Technology (IT) experience is considered equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years' experience in an Engineering lead role
- Technical Solution definition and cost estimation experience
- Federal Contracting Experience
- Experience supporting Federal/DoD System Engineering projects
- Experience and familiarity with Software Engineering, System Modernization, Cloud Migration/Hosting, No/Low Code Development
- Experience with Agile Engineering Practices
- Ability to work without direct supervision and in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- CMMI Level 3 for Development experience
- ISO 9001:2015 experience
- ITIL Foundation
- Relevant Technical Certifications
- U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance in the future
Segue Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.