CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
Generates sales opportunities for a specific product/service within prospect accounts and identifies upsell opportunities within existing customers. Maintains current knowledge of industry trends, topics, methodologies, and core technologies in order to assimilate customer needs and design appropriate technical solutions. Acts as a champion internally, translating industry best practices, trends, and customer needs back to peer groups in Operations, Marketing, Product, Service Delivery, Architecture/Engineering, etc. to facilitate ongoing, actionable improvements to the suite of products in which they specialize.
- Demonstrates advanced solution selling abilities and effective, pro-active customer communications. Attends customer meetings in person and via the phone. Interacts independently with all levels of customer's management team to drive new sales.
- Designs technical solutions that meet the customers' business objectives by mapping to CenturyLink products. Clarifies ambiguous requirements with sales or clients, ensuring the solution resolves underlying client issues. Provides guidance and alternatives to customer’s requirements. May interpret customer requirements based on limited information.
- Assists in identifying key technical influencers at existing customers and pursues marketing generated sales leads to close new business with prospective customers. Manages a forecast and funnel for product specific opportunities within assigned territory.
- Reviews customer business requirements developed directly or by sales/sales engineering. Interacts with sales/sales engineers and customers on large complex deals for specific products.
- Coordinates customer implementation with service delivery organization and provides design clarifications. Interfaces directly with customer.
- Proactively identifies areas of process and design improvement within specific product area and contacts impacted departments to recommend potential solutions.
- Acts as a liaison to internal groups such as Service Delivery, Offer Management, Product, Marketing, Architecture, and Capacity Planning to relay customer requirements and develop deliverable solutions.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
- General Experience: Pre-sales role responsible for needs identification, qualification, and solutions design specifically with certain product/application.
- Technical Knowledge: Demonstrated understanding of advanced applications within this area of technology with extensive knowledge of competitive offerings and trends.
- Sales Ability: Proven track record of success attaining sales quota through leveraging technical relationships to up-sell existing customers and calling on new leads/prospects to generate business within an assigned territory. Utilizes Targeted Account Selling (TAS) or other solution selling methodologies.
- Communication: Advanced written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability to work with multiple levels of decision making.
- Problem Solving: Expert problem solving skills and ability to methodically understand and resolve complex issues. Must demonstrate the ability to focus ambiguous customer needs into specific, deliverable requirements. Must demonstrate creative solution development.
- Work Style: Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must be able to build strong team relationship and easily transfer technical information. Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be very detail oriented and demonstrate a high degree of accuracy.
- Computer Skills: Advanced knowledge and usage of computer business applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint required.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience:
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Field of Study: Engineering, Physics
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Alternate Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix; US-Nevada-Las Vegas; US-Nevada-North Las Vegas
Requisition #: 212246