Purpose of Job:
At the heart of Scotiabank IT is Canadian BankingTechnology Group. Under the bigger group, we are a team of engineers responsible for running the Canadian Banking Cloud Engineering Lab. Our team’s mission is to crack open monolith applications and re-platform them as microservices to PCF PaaS on Azure and GCP.
Our typical day starts with a stand-up in our state of the art agile space and we dive into the day with pair programming to build a stable, robust ecosystem while solving complex architecture and application level problems.
Team works like a pre IPO start up so the pace is fast. Team has a strong engineering mindset and focused on creating highly available, reliable and fault tolerant systems from the ground up.
We invest deeply in operational automation, test engineering by taking advantage of Consumer Driven Contracts and performance improvements.
We are looking to add more senior engineers to our Cloud Engineering Lab to not just crack open monoliths but figure out digital operating model for Canadian banking. Sounds interesting? Give us a call.
- The Solutions Architect is accountable for the end to end technology solutions.
- Ideal candidate is hands on who loves to code alongside engineers.
- Passionate about creating top notch systems.
- Have hands-on experience in the system analysis, design, architecture of complex applications.
- Possess excellent communication skills (verbal/written/presentation) and able to present designs to senior management.
- Team is constantly experimenting with new technologies, so it is important to have high level of tolerance for ambiguity
- Coach and mentor engineers.
- Have working experience with Agile delivery methodologies.
- Have software development experience with Spring, Springboot and Java
- Have strong understanding of Monitoring and Alerting concepts.
- Knowledge of Splunk, Dynatrace, Stackdriver and Grafana is an asset.
- Have an understanding of database designs.
- Knowledge of DB2, Azure SQL, and Google database offerings are a great asset, but not required.
- Have good knowledge of enterprise architecture, Messaging Queues, Authentication and Authorization Mechanisms.
- Must have strong knowledge of Web Services, Web Services Description Language (WSDL) and SOAP, Java API for XML Web Services (JAX-WS).
Undergraduatedegree in Computer Science or technical equivalent. Graduate degree in Computer Science or technical equivalent is a desirable asset but not mandatory for this role.