Do you have a passion for working alongside sales teams, pre-sales teams, and senior and executive management to maximize business opportunities? As a Solutions Architect within the Global Technology Practice, you'll ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction with a specific focus on the integration of the SAS analytics platform into the broader architecture and strategy of the customer. You'll apply your understanding the entire SAS portfolio of technology, with emphasis on SAS Viya, and its integration and installation methods, alongside other technologies.
You'll collaborate closely with product management, global enablement and delivery teams, pre-sales systems engineers, partners, and R&D to define technology direction based on market and customer demands to continue the growth of our business. In this role, you'll represent the entire SAS technology suite of products and solutions.
What you'll do
- Understand detailed customer requirements and how SAS can competitively achieve them
- Build a trusted relationship with team members at all levels within the Practice as part of providing practical and theoretical guidance in the business value of the proposed solution and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction
- Clearly articulate the breadth and value of the entire SAS platform including SAS Viya,
- Clearly state how the SAS technologies differentiate SAS from the competition, to empower sales/pre-sales to identify opportunities and successfully position SAS, and/or to 3rd parties such as partners, analysts or the press
- Assist in defining best practices for delivery and implementation of SAS solutions for IT
- Work proactively with Systems Engineers, Technical Architects and other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer
- Work with Product Marketing, Product Management, Sales, and R&D groups to validate market driven sales approaches to support strategic initiatives and ensure customer and market direction input is reflected in ongoing releases
- Foster relationships with client personnel at project and stakeholder levels
- Identify enterprise-wide view of gaps and identify opportunities to leverage software technologies to eliminate those gaps
- Communicate functional and technical differentiators and how SAS provides value for the enterprise
- Present to executive level audiences the SAS technology
What we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or related field. Masters degree preferred
- 5 years of enterprise software experience working in the support, architecture or delivery space with data or analytics focus. Experience as part of a pre-sales team is a benefit
- Experience with one or more major cloud environments such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud
- Hardware knowledge of storage, network, CPU, and memory
- Programming skills with one or more modern languages (scripted or compiled) – e.g. KSH, Python, Perl, C, C++, Java
- Linux Operating System knowledge
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of sales and pre-sales techniques within the technology industry
- Understanding of modern DevOps patterns, tools, and methods
- Demonstrated ability to present to wide variety of audiences from technical to C-suite
- Strong customer presentation, demonstration, and interaction skills
- Strong problem solving, organizational, decision-making skills
- Ability to Travel (domestic and international) as business requirements dictate at management discretion
Nice to haves
- Knowledge of SAS technology, architecture, and resources
- Experience with SAS, R, or other statistical language
- Understanding of Hadoop and related technologies
- Experience working across industries including, but not limited to retail, financial services, communications, high tech, manufacturing, government, and healthcare
- We're the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn't about fitting into our culture, it's about adding to it - and we can't wait to see what you'll bring.