Due to continued growth, we are looking to add a Datacenter Solutions Architect to be based out of our Metairie, LA or Birmingham, AL locations. Much of the time for this position is spent meeting with customers at their locations, so the successful candidate will not need to report to the Presidio office daily; however, there is also an element of territory travel via automobile to reach regional-client locations as warranted by the various aspects of the job role. The job is focused in Mississippi, Louisiana, and Alabama.
As a Solutions Architect and a member of the Pre Sales Engineering Team, the candidate will be responsible for meeting with Presidio’s customers, collecting requirements for data center solutions relating to storage, servers, and Microsoft projects and developing engineering solutions for sale to Presidio customers.
A successful Solutions Architect should be able to present and explain various storage technologies to customers, guide them through requirements gathering, and formulate a solution consisting of hardware, software, licensing, and engineering services. SAs are responsible for creating scopes of work and task lists for various types of projects in support of these solutions. Specific tasks include creation of Bill of Materials for EMC, Netapp, VMWare, Cisco UCS servers, Pure, Nimble, HyperConvergerd solutions including Nutanix and Cisco Hyperflex; Creation of Consulting Engagements, including pricing of engineering services and creation of Statement of Work.
Candidates also need to be well versed in Cloud solutions such that they can lead conversations with our clients about aaS solutions such as Azure, AWS, VCloud, and Presidio’s own cloud services. Knowledge of application concepts such as containers, DevOps, security, and related application concepts is desirable.
Candidates will need to demonstrate a high level of design experience, implementation experience with the various datacenter and cloud products and technologies is a plus, be highly motivated, excited about learning new products and technologies, and able to effectively communicate ensuring superior customer service and maintaining a strong customer relationship.
The essential responsibilities of the Datacenter Solutions Architect are to work directly with customers and account managers in pre-sales situations, and to work effectively across functions with other Presidio employees in Sales, Marketing, Proposals, and Project Management areas. Specific responsibilities include:
- Meet with Customers and Collect Customer Requirements
- Work with Account Manager/Sales Team to develop customer relationship and solutions and assist in overall sales process
- Create high-level solution designs/architecture and present to customers
- Create Customer facing Presentations
- Lead customer architecture conversations
- Create Bill of Materials & configurations for solutions
- Build Scope of Services and Professional Service Pricing
- Write Statements of Work
Minimum Requirements and Experience:
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience
- Relevant EMC, Netapp, VMWare, Microsoft, or Cisco Certifications are preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
- Must have demonstrable design experience with experience in deployment, administration, configuration, or integration, being an advantage.
- Experience working as a consultant and with Cisco partners is desirable.
- Candidates should have a strong knowledge of various datacenter technologies and products.
- MyQuotes & EMC tools such as SPCollect and performance tools