COME WORK WITH US AT PRESIDIO!
We know technology is the key to success in a connected world. The innovative solutions we provide our clients can unlock possibilities that transform their business. While technology permits that connection, technology without imagination and ingenuity cannot be effective. At Presidio, we know that it’s our people that make the connections happen.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US? You will set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. Presidio is a leading North American IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Business Analytics, Cloud, Security & Emerging solutions.
The Role: Senior Solutions Architect
As a Solutions Architect and a member of the Pre-Sales Engineering Team, the candidate will be responsible for meeting with Presidio’s Enterprise customers. Collecting requirements for infrastructure solutions relating to networking and collaboration projects. Designing and developing engineering solutions for Presidio customers. In addition, a Senior SA is expected to be a thought leader and help mentor younger employees, work as part of a team, and continually strive to grow themselves and the company.
A successful Solutions Architect (SA) should be able to present and explain various network communication and collaboration technologies to customers. They will guide customers through requirements gathering and formulate a solution consisting of hardware, software, licensing, and engineering and cloud services. SAs are responsible for creating a scope of work and task lists for various types of projects in support of these solutions. Specific tasks include creation of Bill of Materials for hardware/software solutions, creation of consulting engagements, including pricing of engineering services and the creation of a Statement of Work.
Candidates will need to demonstrate a high level of design experience, implementation experience with the various Cisco products and technologies is a plus. They will need to be highly motivated, excited about learning new products and technologies, and able to effectively communicate while ensuring superior customer service and maintaining a strong customer relationship.
It is expected that a Senior Solutions Architect:
- Provide top notch technical expertise in their areas of focus supporting multiple Key account teams across the organization.
- Gain the trust of our clients through deep subject matter expertise, undoubted integrity, ability to lead and constant professionalism
- Drive services sales in their specific area of focus
- Tightly align with our services teams – PS, MS, PFS, PMO, OSS etc. The Solution Architect understands our various services capabilities, takes the time to communicate pre-sales approaches to the services teams and provides appropriate leadership as projects/SRs are executed
- Provide industry best services to our AMs, leading them at times and following them at other times, helping them compete by providing quality pre-sales material (BoMs, SoWs, design commentary, vendor information, diagrams, rough order of magnitude documents etc.) in a timely fashion
- Continue to learn – SAs continually need to add skills to serve our clients fully and to maintain relevant skills as the IT market transforms
- Align with our vendor partnerships understanding and helping execute specific vendor programs
- Provide leadership to our clients as they operate and transform their businesses
- Sell consultatively – listening fully and steadily developing sales conversations to the point where the client is explicitly stating their needs, at which time we can start proposing our solutions.
- Lead, where appropriate, with our highest value offerings – Managed Services, Consulting etc.
- Understand the full range of Presidio’s capabilities, paying high-level attention to capabilities held by other practices and by national teams
- Share best practices and industry intelligence with other team members
- Support other team members as needed (work overload, specific expertise required etc.)
- Assist with pipeline tracking
- Determine and promote the best PS vehicle (FF Sow vs SR) to allow us to success in execution with our clients
The essential responsibilities of the Sr. Solutions Architect are to work directly with customers and account managers in pre-sales situations, and to work effectively across functions with other Presidio employees in Sales, Marketing, Proposals, and Project Management areas. Specific responsibilities include:
- Meet with customers and collect customer requirements
- Work with Account Manager/Sales Team to develop customer relationship and solutions and assist in overall sales process
- Create high-level solution designs/architecture and present to customers
- Create Customer facing Presentations
- Create Bill of Materials & configurations for solutions
- Build Scope of Services and Professional Service Pricing
- Write Statement of Works
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience.
Must have demonstrable design experience. With experience in deployment, administration, configuration, or integration, being an advantage. Experience working as a consultant and with Cisco partners is desirable. Candidates should have a strong knowledge of Cisco technologies and products.
- Unified Communications
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Contact Center Express (UCCX)
- Cisco Session Management Edition, Voice Gateways, Unified Border Element, Unified Collaboration Endpoints
- Microsoft Skype for Business Servers
- Business Video Services
- Cisco Video (Expressway, MRA, Meetings Server, etc)
- Non-Cisco Web/Voice Conferencing Services
- Cisco Webex
- Cisco Teams
- Video Conferencing Systems (Cisco, Polycom, Zoom)
- Cisco Licensing (EAs, FLEX, etc)
- Cloud Collaboration services
- Microsoft Teams
- SIP Trunking & Service Providers
- Cisco Network Switches & routers
- Enterprise Collaboration Architectures
- Campus and Datacenter Networking Architectures
- Cisco ISR Routers and switches
- Cisco Nexus, DNA, SD-Access, SD-WAN, Wireless
- A desire to continuously learn new technologies and products