As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
You are unique. As an exceptional, passionate, customer facing, hands-on architect you will help customers realize the benefits of cloud native applications and architectures on Pivotal Cloud Foundry. You will also work closely with the Spring and Pivotal Cloud Foundry engineering teams.
The Customer Solutions team strives to make customers' use of our products and solutions successful, so that they can more effectively transform their business. Our cross-disciplinary team includes technical account leaders, data scientists, agile specialists, solutions architects, educators on Pivotal technology, and business transformation specialists.
In this role, you will help our customers build an in-house Cloud Native Developer Enablement Team; a hands-on coaching service for Developers and Architect teams at our customers on the topics including Reference Architecture, Developer Tooling and Application-side DevOps techniques including CI/CD. You will challenge yourself to help find common solutions, modernize customer applications, incrementally improving infrastructure and overall app architecture techniques. You will also work with Pivotal’s customers to architect and build new cloud native apps. Ultimately, you will become an agent of change within customer organizations.
Required Skills / Experiences
- You are a great written and verbal communicator, capable of public speaking and presenting in front of customers, at user groups, etc.
- Comfortable in new situations with new clients. Experience building distributed / service oriented / microservice-style and cloud based architectures.
- You are a Java expert, with experience and familiarity building modern Spring applications with Spring Boot; you have a strong background with Spring and related projects.
- 8+ years of software development experience
Desired Skills / Experiences
- You are a polyglot programmer (you have used JavaEE, Spring, Kotlin, etc.)
- Experience integrating with Netflix Open Source Platform components (Eureka, Hystrix, Ribbon, etc.)
- Recent experience securing microservice architectures/ distributed systems
- Experience with Cloud Foundry, GCP, Azure
- Operational experience with Kubernetes, Kafka, Redis, AMQP, RabbitMQ
- Experience with XP, TDD, Continuous/ Continuous Delivery
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.