Do you thrive on enhancing, developing and implementing system architecture that will meet business & customer needs? Does the idea of helping to shape and deliver high-performing and innovating technical architecture drive your professional goals? Our Engineering leadership team is looking for an innovative Solutions Architect to develop and implement systems architecture that will meet business needs. This is a hands-on role, requiring the ability to self-manage and to communicate effectively with persons at all levels and departments. You'll be a part of Oportun's Application Architecture team: A group of thought leaders responsible for Technology strategy (Mobile, Web, Data, Core Services, Machine Learning, etc.).
As a Solutions Architect, Software Applications (JAVA-stack) you’ll work with some of the brightest engineers and technical/product managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive FinTech companies today. You’ll assess our current software systems, identify areas for improvement, oversee development teams, and help drive future architectural frameworks.
- Determine the best tech solutions to solve the existing business problems.
- Define features, phases, and solution requirements.
- Provide specifications according to which the solution is defined, managed, and delivered.
- Continual research of current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed.
- Providing updates to stakeholders on product development processes, estimate, and plan.
- 7+ years of proven, professional experience as a Solutions Architect (Software Applications) for consumer-facing products.
- Experience with CI/CD technologies and cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Proven strong analytical and problem-solving skills - including requirements analysis, detailed planning and risk assessment.
- Experience with scalable, low-latency, highly available distributed systems.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA), enterprise SaaS application development and project management.
- Strong ability to build relationships with internal leadership at all levels, along with effective interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- MS or advanced degree a plus.
- Experience with big data, stream processing, and front-end technologies.
- Experience with multi-tenant SaaS applications is plus.
- Experience with financial systems, payment systems and/or credit decisioning systems, preferably in loans or similar products is plus.