The Solutions Architect provides pre-sales support of product offerings. This position must be able to assess customer needs and tailor customized solutions moderate to complex in nature to fit business needs. The Solutions Architect must be well versed in all market offerings in the identified area of expertise in order to fully meet customer expectations. Additionally, this position must be able to justify costs related to design, implementation and training.
- Possesses strong technical knowledge of Networking and Unified Communications solutions / products for Enterprise, Government, and Mid-Market customers with an emphasis on Cisco products.
- Has considerable experience designing and / or managing complex IT environments.
- Assists the National Account Managers in making product sales
- Conducts training for the National Account Managers and the Design Specialist
- Evaluates and recommend vendors to be utilized for solution delivery
- Provides live demonstrations for customers and sales teams
- Consults on design, support, and management of recommended network and voice solutions for customers including -- LAN switching, WAN routing, Data Center networking, and Unified Communications.
- Strives to ensure a high market share of products and services by providing direction and information on the products and related services to customers and National Account Managers
- Develops and maintains technical competency for all products
- Provides direction and consultation to customers towards resolution of complaints for pre-sale issues
- Influence strategy for customer infrastructure design and direction by bringing value to customers that will achieve business objectives
- Keeps current on industry changes, participates when possible in organizations directly involved with SME products and services, and continually works to improve sales techniques and sales knowledge
- Works independently and as a team member with national account managers, major account support representatives, marketing, services, and purchasing to achieve company major business objectives
- Keeps advised on company policies, procedures, and objectives, clarifying them with a Manager when questions arise; is always prepared to accurately discuss these policies with our customers
- Present proposals and technology updates to audiences varying from technical staff members, management, director level, and C-level executives. Must have the ability to translate technical capabilities into business value to the customer.
- Assures tactical and strategic delivery of services to the enterprise in a timely, accurate, and reliable manner
- Creates, reviews and/or evaluates technical business scopes of work
- Develops and maintains solution ROI and TCO models
- Acts as a mentor to less senior staff
- Develops and delivers accurate and detailed solution designs, bill of materials, and statements of work for designed solutions.
- Presents solutions and has strong public speaking skills.
Additional Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- 5 to 10 years technical or operational experience
- 14+ years of education or equivalent work experience
- Proficient at all Microsoft Office Products; Outlook, WORD, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship and collaboration skills
- Must have deep technical knowledge and expertise of the Cisco Product lines
- Proven knowledge messaging, conferencing mobility, BYOD
- Proficient at all Microsoft Office products; Outlook, WORD, Excel and SharePoint
- Understanding of sales and service operations
- Knowledge of Cisco Contact Center technologies helpful