Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
The person we’re looking for will join our Migration Services team. You share our passion about reinventing the data platform and thrives in the dynamic environment. That means having the flexibility and willingness to jump in and get done what needs to be done to make Snowflake and our customers successful. It means keeping up to date on the ever-evolving technologies for data and analytics in order to be an authoritative resource for Snowflake, System Integrators and customers. And it means working collaboratively with a broad range of people both inside and outside the company.
AS A SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT AT SNOWFLAKE, YOU WILL:
- Be a technical expert on all aspects of Snowflake
- Guide customers through the process of migrating to Snowflake and develop methodologies to improve the migration process
- Deploy Snowflake following best practices, including ensuring knowledge transfer so that customers are properly enabled and are able to extend the capabilities of Snowflake on their own
- Work hands-on with customers to demonstrate and communicate implementation best practices on Snowflake technology
- Maintain deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Snowflake in relation to them
- Work with System Integrator consultants at a deep technical level to successfully position and deploy Snowflake in customer environments
- Provide guidance on how to resolve customer-specific technical challenges
- Support other members of the Professional Services team develop their expertise
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to continuously improve Snowflake’s products and marketing.
OUR IDEAL SOLUTION ARCHITECT YOU WILL HAVE:
- 10-14 years of experience working with customers in a pre-sales or post-sales technical role
- Experience migrating from one data platform to another and holistically addressing the unique challenges of migrating to a new platform
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Outstanding skills presenting to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Understanding of complete data analytics stack and workflow, from ETL to data platform design to BI and analytics tools
- Strong skills in databases, data warehouses, and data processing
- Extensive hands-on expertise with SQL and SQL analytics
- Experience and track record of success selling data and/or analytics software to enterprise customers; includes proven skills identifying key stakeholders, winning value propositions, and compelling events
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with large-scale database technology (e.g. Netezza, Exadata, Teradata, Greenplum, etc.)
- Software development experience with C/C++ or Java.Scripting experience with Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash.
- Ability and flexibility to travel to work with customers on-site
BONUS POINTS FOR HAVING:
- Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, HBase)
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g. Microstrategy, Business Objects, Tableau)
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, etc.)
- Experience implementing ETL pipelines using custom and packaged tools
- Experience using AWS services such as S3, Kinesis, Elastic MapReduce, Data pipeline
- Experience selling enterprise SaaS software
- Proven success at enterprise software
WHY JOIN OUR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES TEAM AT SNOWFLAKE:
- Unique opportunity to work on a truly disruptive software product
- Get unique, hands-on experience with bleeding edge data warehouse technology
- Develop, lead and execute an industry-changing initiative
- Learn from the best! Join a dedicated, experienced team of professionals.