For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers — because there’s no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now.
The largest and most impactful transformation in our 100+ year history is currently underway at New Balance. We have started a digital revolution, investing in exciting new capabilities for both our customers and associates. One of our primary initiatives is the integration of a new global ERP platform that will unite our core business processes, aligning the demands of our channel sales with the real-time status of our supply chain. By unlocking new support functionality and consumer insights, this platform will allow us to anticipate and better serve the needs of our customers. We’re seeking agile thinkers who can quickly adapt in a collaborative, high-performance culture. Are you ready to join the revolution?
As a Solutions Architect, you will create, build and support global applications in the Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP that will help to drive New Balance's future success. This will be accomplished through the development, planning and implementation of strategic and responsive technical initiatives that support consistent business growth, expand market share and strengthen brand equity and reputation.
- Provide thought-leadership and architectural guidance/reviews on strategic Dynamics 365 F&O implementations
- Assist the core ERP team to develop the right scenarios and features to address Enterprise needs across all channels
- Lead discussions with business and/or IT management to define business requirements for new business needs.
- Model business and systems processes based on findings through use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models.
- Communicate with New Balance associates, managers, external customers, and vendors to determine and prioritize their systems and programming needs, as assigned. Consult with and make recommendations to the manager. Proactively raise risks and issues to leadership.
- Manage Enterprise escalations through engagement with leadership and business partners
- Lead and Perform analysis, design, and software development for assigned project and maintenance requests. Ensure high quality and scalable technical solutions are implemented. Design and implement strategic goals for maintaining applications.
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a policy for standardizing application systems and software as necessary.
- Troubleshoot production support issues and provide comprehensive solutions. Coach and guide other team members through support issues. Participate in the On Call rotation to the production systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of multiple domains and work within the structure of the full software development lifecycle. Is an expert on application interfaces and integration points. Guide business owner to ensure scope is explicitly defined and documented and maintains integrity of application.
- Identify futuristic opportunities, develop Proof of Concepts (POC) and solutions to analyze ambiguous technical and business situations and to determine appropriate solutions as necessary
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency and initiative. Must be adaptable to changing priorities and needs. Takes responsibility for commitments. Maintains required confidentiality and demonstrates negotiating skills. Ability to mentor and coach other team members.
- Foster a culture of agile, innovative, and customer-focused within the team.
- Foster a positive work environment by promoting teamwork and open communication.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage direct reports
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
- 5 years of demonstrated ability to identify business application implementation issues, determine root cause by collecting data from various sources, and determine solutions that account for business needs as well as drive implementations to success is required
- Prior D365 or AX experience is required
- Understanding of functional and technical architecture of Dynamics 365 F&O or other cloud ERP services and functional consulting or product management in an implementation of ERP for 5 years
- Demonstrated domain knowledge in Supply Chain Operations
- Experience in Plan-To-Produce/Manufacturing preferred
- 6+ years of professional software development (X++/C#/C++, JS/TypeScript, React, SQL, cloud)
- Expert problem-solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Expert understanding of Agile, Waterfall and hybrid methodologies
- Expert understanding of applications development lifecycle
- Expert understanding of database design principles and database performance optimization
- Expert software engineering skills across all phases of software development lifecycle
- Excellent understanding of Azure cloud environments
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or 7 years equivalent experience is required
- Understanding UML and experience with formal modeling tools is also a strong plus
- Prior experience building consumer centric web applications and latest web development technologies
- Excellent communication, critical thinking and collaboration skills
- New Balance will not sponsor applicants for work visas*