PCM is one of the fastest-growing value added resellers of technology solutions for business, government and educational institutions as well as consumers. We’ve built an environment that is fast-paced, growing and continually changing with the needs of industry. Our rapid growth and expansion has created numerous career and advancement opportunities.
Providing IT solutions nationally since 1987, PCM, Inc. is an industry recognized, publicly traded, value-added direct marketer of technology products, services and solutions to businesses, government, education, and individual consumers. Fully accredited and authorized by major manufacturers including HP, Apple, Cisco, Microsoft, Dell, and 1500 others, PCM offers product and service solutions through field sales, call center, and eCommerce venues. With annual sales of $2.5B+ , 4500 employees and over 400,000 products available, PCM delights in serving small, medium and enterprise level businesses.
The Solutions Architect Manager oversees a number of key functions within the Advanced Technology Group that enable the delivery of a high quality service to customers and to ensure Pre-Sales processes are in place to meet business needs. This position is a stakeholder facing role, and requires that you establish and manage expectations within the customer teams and coordinate the ATG and partner teams to achieve high degree of customer satisfaction and profitable ATG practice.
- The manager works within the established policies and process, and helps improve them, designed to ensure consistently high service performance, monitors employees, partners and sub-contractors and evaluates customer feedback to develop quality improvement processes.
- Lead a solutions architect team made up of consultants, company personnel and vendor partners working with client representatives.
- Drive internal and customer meetings, in conjunction with sales reps and engineering leadership
- Ability to serve as “player coach”
- Identify and document customer business goals and stakeholders.
- Traditional project duties including:
- Ensure project requirements, write SOW's
- Manage engagement P&L in partnership with Service Delivery Manager, including subcontractor invoicing and all other costs.
- Collaborate with PMO on creation, management and updates of project schedules, risks, dependencies and critical path. Effectively manage multiple, concurrent sub-projects.
- Manage project scope, change control and expectations.
- Ensure adherence to quality project methodologies.
- Demonstrate confidence and authority to client, partners and team members.
- Respond promptly and effectively to all escalations from client, account team, partners, sub-contractors and company leadership.
- Focused on client satisfaction and program success.
- Strategic thinking, planning and execution. Senior-level presence.
- 10 or more years’ experience with data center operations, implementations, migrations and moves.
- 5+ years of experience modernizing data center operations via Automation and Orchestration using ServiceNow, including to both private and public cloud end-points.
- You are highly technical: while you may not be at the console, but you can anticipate implementation issues when working closely with engineers.
- You have experience with Networking technologies (Cisco, Palo Alto)
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility including shift and out of hours working