Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. We redefine what's possible and create what's next.
At Slalom, personal connection meets global scale. We build deep relationships with our clients in cities across the US, UK, and Canada, while sharing insights across markets to bring the full breadth of Slalom's expertise to every engagement. Our regional Build Centers are hubs for innovation, attracting top talent to rapidly co-create the technology products of tomorrow. We also nurture strong partnerships with over 200 leading technology providers, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft, Salesforce, and Tableau.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 7,500 employees. We were named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work.
Role: Solutions Architect - Magento/e-commerce
Slalom is seeking a Magento/e-commerce SME to join our newly formed Regional Delivery Team (RDT). RDT helps our clients transform their businesses by providing local teams access to cutting edge capabilities and scarce expertise. You will help support, develop, and expand new capabilities throughout the regions, which will require travel.
As a Magento/e-commerce SME, you will guide business stakeholders to define tech strategies and solutions across marketing, sales, and service – bridging the gap between the business and technology to build engaging and highly personalized experiences for customers.
- Analyze and understand client’s current-state marketing technologies/e-commerce landscape
- Design and implement advanced e-commerce solutions based on the Magento Enterprise Software platform to meet specific customer requirements
- Simplify difficult situations using models and frameworks to create structured actions
- Provide insights and recommendations to stakeholders
- Provide technical leadership and oversight for the delivery of custom e-commerce solutions, interfaces, and integrations
- Design and help build new features and functionality that will keep the Magento platform current
- Support the sales/account management teams in proposal development and presentations to clients as needed
- Develop client relationships to identify sales opportunities
- Contribute to the development of Slalom’s IP, including differentiated points of view (POVs), frameworks and methodologies
- Participate in the growth of the Slalom’s business by supporting recruitment, training, and community-building
- Develop your personal brand as a thought leader and SME in Magento/e-commerce space
- Expertise in designing, developing, and implementing scalable e-commerce applications
- Experience with architecting and implementing multiple Magento solutions
- PHP expertise, including the understanding of design patterns
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer or developer, including web applications at the enterprise level
- Understanding of the facets of various marketing technology solutions for both B2B and B2C clients
- Ability to identify and implement performance optimizations
- A deep understanding of scalability concepts
- Comfortable and experienced working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Experience with the integration of various marketing technology platforms
- Ability to, and previous experience with, supporting the sales/account management teams in proposal development and presentations to clients as needed
- Strong presence with good relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Excellent client-facing written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Magento certification(s)
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, and/or other Adobe products